New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > What makes a guy dump a girl?

Go to latest mesage in thread

What makes a guy dump a girl?

natalie1, posted over a year ago

I have just recently been dumped. By a guy i thought could be the one. Although we only went out for 4 months. He told me he loved me. And that he loved spending time with me and respected the honesty we had. He also told me that sexually our bodies matched. He also called me his angel of light as i made him want to be a better person. What I dont understand is then why dump me, if i made him feel that way. I never put any pressure on him. We never really had any major fights. And never complained when he did his own thing.

Posted on 31 May 2006 @ 15:33 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

hi.

sorry to hear thar you have recently been dumped.

my answer and advive to ur question is; the only person that knows why he dumped you is him. you need to try and talk to him and ask to explain what went wrong and why he dumped you.

good luck

linz

Posted on 31 May 2006 @ 19:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

When people dump other people out of the blue with no 'apparent' reason, that is usually a huge sign of immaturity. As I have pointed out quite a few times (suddenly the imagery of a donut floated into my mind) in the past, it's easy to say this and that, but to act upon them is different.

Also as I put in quotations - 'apparent', a lot of people 'in love', and may I add, 'very blindly in love', usually cannot see the signs leading up to being dumped. However, just as Ms. Sexy Linz above me has mentioned, "you need to try and talk to him and ask to explain what went wrong and why he dumped you" - that is, if you MUST know.

Posted on 31 May 2006 @ 21:1 (London time) - permalink

smeedlesmeedle, posted over a year ago

Need to add that people also dump you fast if they are either eyeing someone new up or having an affair that has gone further than they thought, and then you get the old line "it`s not you, its me" which translates to im having sex with your best friend and now she is making me choose, but dont want to hurt anyone because im a wimp so will put all blame on me and then leave a week or two before I go public.

Posted on 2 June 2006 @ 22:48 (London time) - permalink

bridgetbridget, posted over a year ago

Very very very true smeedle... Like your advice Im adding you to friends!!

xx

Posted on 2 June 2006 @ 22:58 (London time) - permalink

smeedlesmeedle, posted over a year ago

Thanks Bridget

Posted on 3 June 2006 @ 9:19 (London time) - permalink

natalie1, posted over a year ago

Thanks for all ur advice. My bf has actually contacted me since the break up. And admitted that he was scared of his intense feelings for me. As he is a bacholar (37) with no kids and i (34) have one child and my invalid mother to support. He felt that it would not be fair to all of us if he was not 100% sure of his feelings for me. But when we broke up he had time to think things through clearly. And realised that he loved me enough to overcome his fear of commitment. We are now, I am happy to tell u, engaged. We will be moving in together first and have a date set for 12 September for the marriage. So wish me luck.

Posted on 7 June 2006 @ 14:28 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

He could have dumped you for many reasons:

He didnt respect you

He was bored of you

You were too clingy (Just guessing here)

There was another woman

He couldnt see you two going anywhere

He knew he could have you anytime he wanted therefore no mystery no challenge

Just grew tired of you

Obviously you just werent meant to be, atleast now you can find someone who truly appreciates you and wouldnt dream of hurting you like that.

Posted on 1 November 2006 @ 21:50 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124956200001179!