New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Creepy Things

Go to latest mesage in thread

Creepy Things

, posted over a year ago

This thread is about creepy things. Things that sends chills up your spine. Things that make you scream, yelp and wish you can disappear to a happier place in a poof of sparkles. These things are things that stir up some dark corner of the universe and come at you in such a way that rolls your eyes back in their sockets.

To start, things that creep me out:

1) String Puppets. I once saw an anime where an innocent looking String Puppet sat on a chair. It suddenly opened its mouth and started cackling like the Wicked Witch of the East, then jumps up and runs away with its arms flailing around.

2) Dolls. More specifically, the Twin Dolls in the movie The Shining. Imagine you're walking up the stairs of a giant house, turn the corner and at the end of the hallway, you see Twin Dolls in their frilly clothes and a blank stare! One moment, you're frozen there in horror, then the next, as you blink, they disappear!

3) Cats. Okay, I adore cats. Those who knew me from before, I have a fetish with women that wear nothing but a kitty toque, fuzzy paws and a bow tie. A fuzzy tail and whiskers is a bonus. Mittens will...

Anyway, cats that stare into the void apparently at nothing creeps the geebus out of me. Dogs do it too, but cats - there's something about a cat's stare into 'nothing' that creeps me out.

---

There, now your turn. ^_^

Posted on 17 February 2009 @ 21:59 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I just hate clowns.

Once when i was young, a clown came up to me in the audience and picked me up and ran with me, mam thought it was funny, so did everyone else, but i still picture that moment, and i hate the ugly gits.

I also hate spiders.

My ex once put a really massive one down my back, uhhh, the feel of that thing running around, till i finally got it out.

And, have you ever sat on a beach near the opening to the mouth of a river. In the north east at south shields theres the opening to the river Tyne. Well, the large ships and passenger ferries go in and out of there. It really made my stomach turn over once when i looked up and there was massive passenger ferry going out of the river into the sea. It was so close you could see the people on it, and that really made me feel ill.

Next!

Posted on 18 February 2009 @ 11:15 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

Birds and the skin you somtimes get on pudding and hot chocolate...yewwwwwwwwwwww

Posted on 18 February 2009 @ 13:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Button tins, i hate them, i just cannot open the lids, dont know what i think they are going to do.

Posted on 19 February 2009 @ 10:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Sitting on Father Christmas’s lap gives me the creeps. Also when you are lying in your bed, in the dark .Have you ever noticed the gap where the cupboard door was left slightly ajar, gets wider and wider as you look at it. Gah !!! It’s just creepy.

People who can’t use blue ink pens.....what is that about ?

Next

Posted on 19 February 2009 @ 16:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

@eyeswideopen: Birds creep you out?

I'm imagining you're out on your daily walk, amongst the trees and a Bluebird lands on a nearby branch. It looks at you. In fact, after a few minutes, it seems as though it is staring at you with its beady little eyes.

You're frozen. You can't move. Your legs won't bend! What's going on? Is that Bluebird in the process of reading your mind, taking over it?!?! OH NOES! IT IS!! "I'm doomed."

^_^

@Strawberry Pops: That cupboard was what I was about to post next. I think it's hilarious how you described it. I imagined it quite well.

@Kinky Boots: Have you ever seen a tarantula inside someone's mouth before? I think that is one of the creepiest things I had ever seen in my life. It's giving me shivers as I think about it.

@Tisha: I have a similar thing like you do with the wide open very high balcony. Except mine has to do with pools of water on the ground.

After it rains, if there is no wind and there are pools of water here and there, I would be freaked out of the reflection on it of the sky. It's almost a borderline phobia. It looks as though I can step on it and fall 'into' the sky.

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 3:22 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Dolls I've always been freaked out just to look at them let alone having to buy them for my daughter YUK!!!!!!

Yep kinky clowns I cant be anywhere near a clown freaky little dudes!!!!

A friend of mine used to collect dolls and clowns they had pride of place in her lounge display thing!!!!That was the worst display I've eva had the pleasure to go ooooh yea that's cool!!!!!Now can we sit in the kitchen freaky!

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 11:47 (London time) - permalink

eyeswideopeneyeswideopen, posted over a year ago

I just never give a bird any eye contact at all, for the very reason you stated, Martini. And we all remember your posts about cats and cat women...ha ha

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 13:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I can never touch birds, i remember one flying into our kitchen, and it took ages to get it out, yuk.

I had my tarot cards read once and the woman who did it said birds were very unlucky for me and it turned out to be right. We had a dead bird on our step once and my dad died that day, bloody creepy.

xx

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 23:32 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

I'll give you creepy, I had a clairvoyant reading which was taped and when I got home to listen to it all that would play was harp music!!!!!beautiful but that's creepy to mate

xx

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 23:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I know what you mean.

My daughter and i went into a mystic shop and the bloke came up and said i had someone standing behind me. He described a bloke exact. He was my dad who had died when i was 19, very creepy.

Posted on 20 February 2009 @ 23:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Since we're on the topic of creepy ghostly things, there's a Chinese superstition that if a moth flies into your house, it's actually the family member that had just died - usually in the same day/night. This may very well be a coincidence, but when my grandfather passed away, a moth visited our home. Moths don't usually come into our house. This was at night. At the same time, later that night, my dad felt a nudge while he sat on the couch. He told my mom this and my mom said it could be his dad 'saying goodbye' to him.

Then again, our minds are amazing things and can play tricks on us when we most want it to.

Posted on 21 February 2009 @ 1:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I had a story published in a magazine about my dad when he died. A robin came and sat on the bin lid and looked into the kitchen window for ages. It seemed to stare at me. But there again our minds can play amazing tricks. Years later i heard birds fighting outside, they were robins making one hell of a noise. They seemed to go quiet and when i looked out another robin had joined them. That day, my cousin phoned to say that my dads sister had died, i often wonder if there was any connection.

Creepy, i know, but i love to see robins, and dead birds are definately a bad sign for me.

Tell you about that one later..............x

Posted on 21 February 2009 @ 19:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

My family were at a party for a family celebration at my mums sisters where her mother stayed with them, after the night was finishing we all stayed the night there my gran went to bed and said her good-nights except to me i thought it odd at the time but never gave it another thought.

On going to bed i can recall the door opening and seeing my gran come towards me she was a big woman and i asked her what she wanted she never said a thing to me she came over slapped me on the face and left, i got up out of bed and went into the living room where the light was still on and all the family were sitting around crying i went up to my mother and asked what was wrong and she told me my gran had just passed away!

I told her that was impossible because she had just came into the room and slapped me and she looked at me in horror and asked when i said there the now! she sat me down and tried to explain to me how this was not possible and then said that is the weirdest thing because when you were being cheeky to me this morning your gran turned to me and said that girl needs a good slap across the face for her cheek!!

Coincidence that my gran was letting me know she was not happy at the way i spoke to my mother that morning and how she never said goodnight?

Yet in her own way got her point over in her final moments?

To this day i have never forgotten that and it was over 42 yrs ago and i also respected my mother from that day onwards and was never cheeky or disrespected her ever again a dying wish on my Gran's part who knows?

Gina

Posted on 22 February 2009 @ 14:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Gah!! Gina that gave me goosebumps.

Posted on 22 February 2009 @ 18:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Gave me more than goosebumps, even more strange when the family were all there that night and would not have normally been strange, creepy, or what?

Posted on 22 February 2009 @ 19:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yikes, Gina..the hair on the nape of my neck just stood up, when I read about your experience. I had one creepy thing happen to me when I was 16 and a couple of friends and I played with an Ouija Board. I can't help but feel these two friends purposely made it a 'terrifying' event, for my benefit. All I remember is racing the heck, out of the house, and never looking back!

Posted on 23 February 2009 @ 0:56 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140584699998726!