New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > How do I handle this? Or not?

Go to latest mesage in thread

How do I handle this? Or not?

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

I'm used to giving advice here but tonight I have a question. Try not to wince....A very good friend of mine has some habits that are unpleasant and I'd like to say something to him. He doesn't wash his hands after he urinates, he licks his fingers when ever he's preparing food or eating snacks and he double dips when we're eating munchies.

In other words, he walks out of the bathroom while the toilet is still flushing, simutaniously doing up his pants and adjusting himself.

When he prepares food or is eating juicy or sloppy foods, he'll lick all his fingers if gets anything on them. It's almost sexual in nature, the way he licks each one.

Lastly, he dips his foods in the communal dip, bites and then re-dips. Most people don't like that. He's 45 and should really know better. Can I mention any of this to him, especially the bathroom part?

Posted on 14 January 2009 @ 1:52 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Oooh, tricky one. Can you make a joke/comment about it, which if you do often enough will tell him that every one notices?

Or maybe just call him on it when he licks his fingers or double dips.

"John, my friend (dude, whatever the right buddy moniker is), that is seriously disgusting. You need to wash your hands before you touch food after you've peed, and after you lick your fingers. It's just not polite and frankly it's putting me off. Sorry to be harsh about this, but I think you need to know that this bothers people."

He doesn't have a girlfriend, does he?

Posted on 14 January 2009 @ 3:27 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

This reminds me of my ex sister-in-law who was what you might call a 'doggy person'. No kidding, she had about 30 Japanese Chins running about the house and she'd have at least two of them on her lap whilst at the dinner table, feeding them bits off her plate. These dogs have a flat face and are prone to sneezing.

At the first sneeze I simply put my knife and fork down and told her that I wasn't going to eat any more since the dog had sneezed all over the table, even though my dinner was only about a third eaten.

Sometimes you simply have to be blunt and to the point. She didn't see anything wrong with, and was oblivious to, what she and the dogs were doing - until it was pointed out to her.

Posted on 14 January 2009 @ 10:52 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Hi Love

If this is a good mate of yours then be blunt but in a good way I've had to say a few times to certain people.."you do no what you can pick up from what you have just done mate" Not to mention what you could be passing on...

The dangers of not washing your hands

Despite the proven health benefits of hand washing, many people don't practice this habit as often as they should — even after using the toilet. Throughout the day you accumulate germs on your hands from a variety of sources, such as direct contact with people, contaminated surfaces, foods, even animals and animal waste. If you don't wash your hands frequently enough, you can infect yourself with these germs by touching your eyes, nose or mouth. And you can spread these germs to others by touching them or by touching surfaces that they also touch, such as doorknobs.

Infectious diseases that are commonly spread through hand-to-hand contact include the common cold, flu and several gastrointestinal disorders, such as infectious diarrhoea. While most people will get over a cold, the flu can be much more serious. Some people with the flu, particularly older adults and people with chronic medical problems, can develop pneumonia.

You are so right he really has to be told hun, uncy phil is spot on :)

Posted on 14 January 2009 @ 11:52 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124985400001606!