New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > What are some fun activities to do on Christmas Day??

Go to latest mesage in thread

What are some fun activities to do on Christmas Day??

, posted over a year ago

I need some good ideas here. I am getting some family from out of town, visiting for Christmas. Traditionally, we attend church Christmas Eve, come home and prepare for the next day, the 25th (eg: stuffing stockings, having a rum, preparing food, having a rum, putting gifts under the tree, having a rum) :)

Anyways, over the years we have went ice-skating, toboganning, made snowmen, caught a new movie at the theater (also rented a few movies) played boardgames, went for hikes..and/or just generally laid about, watching old christmas shows on TV and munching snacks, until the big dinner after 6 pm.

Please, any other ideas you can share with me...that would be a nice change?? Something you do with your families? I am stumped! Any help or new fresh ideas are greatly appreciated by me! Thanx all.

Posted on 16 December 2008 @ 2:8 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Hi Hunny

We buy many small gifts some silly some naughty and some nice (they don't cost much) You will need two packs of playing cards..1 person to keep a pack and call the cards.

Anyone can deal the other pack between the other guests. Put 5 gifts in the middle and as your card is called show it throw it in the bucket and collect one of the gifts from the centre, Once all the gifts have gone from the centre THEN THE FUN BEGINS!!!!:) When your card is called you then get to pinch 1 of your family's gift, Until all cards by one player have gone....Then you open and start again...After a few rums hunny it can become a mission to pinch those gifts off your kids!!!!!!(:0)

Posted on 16 December 2008 @ 9:12 (London time) - permalink

TELLULAHTELLULAH, posted over a year ago

Irish!! I want to come to your house. It sounds like you have so much fun.

No doubt I will watch my partner get drunk and fart in front of the TV all afternoon. Thank goodness I will have my little Grandaughter to look forward to.

Posted on 16 December 2008 @ 9:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thanks Pepper and Telullah! Appreciate your responses. Your idea, Pepper sounds like a blast. We have played 'spoons' a fun card game, in the past. Or we can get out thinking caps on and play a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit..I think I need the newer, updated version, though. The old board (circa: mid 80's) is pretty frayed and worn. Half the little colored 'pies' are missing, too. So, will look into that and I have to say, with the eggnog and goodies.I am looking forward to xmas day! Have a nice christmas yourselves , ladies. :)

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 1:58 (London time) - permalink

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

And you hun, and don't forget you cant have toooooo much rum LOL!!!!!(:0)

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 18:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

.... and I'll second that opinion!

Posted on 18 December 2008 @ 19:30 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140581199997541!