New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > A beginner's guide to 'Text Speak' ....Grrrrr!

Go to latest mesage in thread

A beginner's guide to 'Text Speak' ....Grrrrr!

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

It was only a matter of time before new technology spawned a whole new language. Love it or loathe it - or just feel confused by it - text speak is here to stay.

In Britain, we send more than 100 million text messages a day. Around 99 million probably say something like "C U @ pub l8r 2nite?" (See you at pub later tonight?). But it is not all fun and games: in New Zealand, schoolchildren are allowed to use text speak in exams and in Malaysia it has been possible under sharia law for a man to divorce his wife by texting her, so long as his meaning is clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"2 b, r nt 2 b dat iz d Q wthr ts noblr n d mnd 2 sufr d slngs & arowz ...blahblah..that was hard work!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My preferred version of text speak is far better and much easier, to understand, founded by The Two Ronnies...check this out;

F. U. N. E. M? = Have you any ham?

S, I. F. M. = Yes...I have ham.

F. U. N. E. X. N. M? = Have you any eggs and ham?

S, I. F. X. N. M = Yes I have eggs and ham.

F. U. N. E. T? ... I'll leave the rest to you.

: )

C u l8tr, al mi m8s, or tmz, mab...gtg, bfn. Tra!

BS

xXx

{Good Lord! My spell check just went crazy!! LOL!}

Posted on 23 October 2008 @ 19:2 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

pepper27pepper27, posted over a year ago

Hny u awys pop a sml n m fce, no mter hw u spl lv u mch mch xXxXx

Posted on 23 October 2008 @ 20:32 (London time) - permalink

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

Thnx PPR ...U2.

: )

Now read the following, it snot txt spk - it's more for the quick minded....or disletric :-

: p

"I cluod not blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch sudty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy...

...it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thgouht slpeling was ipmorantt....and tihs did csaue my slepl cehck to go bnanaas!!"

Shocking, wouldn't you say?

Posted on 23 October 2008 @ 23:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

kwel

Posted on 24 October 2008 @ 0:19 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140566399997624!