New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Some main site questions are...

Go to latest mesage in thread

Some main site questions are...

, posted over a year ago

...yes.

Since there is no moderator forum, I would just like to say I recently rejected a question that asked "What is masturbation? I am a male."

Reason I thought it should be rejected is that, even if that person is from a remote part of the world, if he knows how to use the internet to find a place like DearCupid, then I am sure that he can simple use Google or any other search engine, to find what he wants. Heck, I'll do one right now...

"Results 1 - 10 of about 1,760,000 for What is masturbation?. (0.21 seconds)"

[shrugs]

Also, I've noticed that some comments have been approved but the comment themselves don't warrant an approval, at least to my opinion. I can't find those comments now, but they weren't too useful and quite offensive. Ah yes...

Posted on 24 April 2007 @ 22:46 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Found it:

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS SICKO, HE IS A DISGUSTING PEDOPHILE. HE IS ONLY TRYING TO USE YOU! People like him deserve death. Tell the police, for your sake, and for the sake of the other people he might hurt."

I mean, come on. How does that help? Yes, everyone has an opinion, but having hate speech in their opinion, doesn't do anything but emphasize fear and lynching and violence. It's one thing to give an opinion that you feel the subject is wrong, but a totally different thing when that person is making such hateful comments. It shouldn't belong at a site like this. Instead of saying what the above poster had said, another way would have been:

"A much older man asking to take the virginity of a 16 year old, in my opinion is so wrong. He is basically taking advantage of her. No matter how mature or immature his mentality is, he knows that what he is demanding is unreasonable and unlawful, let alone characteristic of taking advantage of someone who is so young and inexperienced, not having the chance to grow up and see the world first at her level. I think you should step back a few thousand miles and think hard on this. Is this really a guy you want taking your virginity? Love? You think this is love?"

Etc, etc, etc.

Understand? Heck, sometimes I've posted stuff in the past that I wish I hadn't and wanted to delete them. Same concept.

Posted on 24 April 2007 @ 23:10 (London time) - permalink

DearCupidDearCupid, posted over a year ago

Hi Martini

Thanks for these... if you find answers you don't think should have been approved you can dip into the management section and unapprove - the answerid is listed under each answer.

I agree that we sometimes get answers that "slip through the net" - but with over 6,000 answers a month I guess to an extent it's inevitable.

Keep an eye out.

Andrew

Posted on 25 April 2007 @ 11:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree (and nice to see you on here again Martini)

A little tip I find helps me, especially if there are loads of answers is to do about 5 approves/rejects and then submit them and refresh the page and do the next 5. It seems to make me do it a little slower and more carefully.

I also have a suggestion for you Andrew about ratings, I was out with a friend a few weeks ago and it turns out she is a long-standing agony-aunt on a rival website. Whether or not our friendship can continue from this unfortunate news aside, she did mention about how you get rated by different categories, e.g.

Knowledge, Clarity, Time and Politeness.

I think by distinguishing the rating out like this will *considerably* increase the quality of the answers. I realise it would be a little more development work but I really believe it will be a good enhancement :)))

Posted on 25 April 2007 @ 16:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

++Whether or not our friendship can continue from this unfortunate news aside++

Hehe... 8]

++and nice to see you on here again Martini++

And same to you as well.

Posted on 25 April 2007 @ 16:54 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.14057380000304!