New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Deleted answers

Go to latest mesage in thread

Deleted answers

zebralovezebralove, posted over a year ago

I don't understand why some answers are not postedt because it is viewed as hurtfull or unhelpfull and others who are CLREARLY hurtfull and rude are posted.

Posted on 13 June 2011 @ 17:22 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Hey Zebralove, the moderators here work under strict guidelines and any confusion or uncertainty is discussed among them and the general consensus is followed.

This site cannot take into account everyone's levels of sensitivity, what you may consider insensitive or hurtful may only be so according to your sensitivity.

This site works on the principle of democracy when it comes to helping people. You may not agree with a persons view nor their style of giving advice, but you are free to refute that opinion in your posts if you feel it is necessary. The idea behind this is that the OP gets as many varied opinions on their issue as possible and can take from that the help they need.

As long as an answer is not abusive, a one line answer with no helpful content or simply just incoherent rabble then usually they can be let through. As long as they don't break any site rules.

I have in the past been called hurtful, if you've seen my posts then you'll see my writing style is very direct and to the point, that is my view, that is how I help people. If they don't like what I say they can ignore it. I am an anonymous stranger on the internet, you shouldn't take my comments too seriously if you don't like them. The truth is though Zebralove, there is a time to be shoulder to cry on and there's a time to give someone a slap in the face and tell them they're being an idiot.

Some people need to be told in that way, I have had a lot of people thank me for being direct and brutally honest, that kind of style can be just what someone needs.

Pitying people, wiping away their tears does not get through to everyone. If that was the only way people got advice here then this site would be useless. It's a democratic site, feel free to disagree and refute other posters opinions and if you feel a answer breaks the site rules just report the answer. It will be reviewed promptly and removed if necessary.

Posted on 13 June 2011 @ 18:51 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.124914600004558!