New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084407 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Ya Know...

Go to latest mesage in thread

Ya Know...

, posted over a year ago

Here I am, 34 and eating left over meat loaf with salsa, cous cous, and left over lasagne to be washed down my gullet with a Pepsi.

Life is indeed grand.

Who cares if it is not a healthy breakfast or if it is not the standard or acceptable breakfast?

I say, gone are the days of me waking up to an empty and hungry stomach...the wonderful childhood alarm clock that woke me up...the consistant morning companion and nightly.

I say gone are the days of wondering if my Mom would come home and if my brothers or sisters will be home today.

Gone are the days when I will look in the bare cupboards and listen to my stomach protest at the emptiness of the cupboards; letting out a I feel the same way as the cupboards look.

Gone are the days where I would have to wait til darkness fell to sneak into my neighbours garbage cans looking for something to eat. Hunger has no pride.

Survival is all that there is when you are five and on your own.

34. I am 34. *grins* I survived. I am WOMAN! *beats her flat but comely chest* : P

I am a Mother of four. So that promise I made myself when I was five, of being a Mom and making sure my kids don't have to go hungry, don't have to go without clothes and shoes, go without a Christmas...I have kept diligently.

Don't get me wrong, there have been times where we had to have a humble Christmas, and there were times when we had to dress modestly...but there was ALWAYS food on my table.

So when my kidlets go to the fridge and it is full and when they go to the pantry and it is full...and they let out a whine of how there is nothing to eat...I know otherwise. It's an odd comfort to hear them complain.

My fridge is always open to my kidlets and to guests. My food is my neighbours food. They ask for help; I give what I can so long as my kids are not going without. The wonder of doing this...my food last longer when I share it. How beautiful is that?

*kicks back her feet* *sips Pepsi*

Healthy breakie my arse!

Posted on 23 January 2007 @ 16:42 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

willywombatwillywombat, posted over a year ago

HaHa Malyce! You sure know how to eat breakfast. I am a world renowned wierd eater, have been know to eat cold leftover chilli for breakie.....

feel sorry for my patients...

x

Posted on 23 January 2007 @ 21:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

That is a great inspiring post Malyce. It seems to me that those kind of moments, and feelings of achievement are the most profound and satisfying that there could ever be. There can be nothing greater than being determined to have your life turn out in a certain way and know you got through the nasty things that life throws at you along the way.

.. I would toast you with some coke myself but I'm in recovery from a coke addiction, haha.

Enjoy though :)

Posted on 23 January 2007 @ 22:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

[applauds]

Posted on 24 January 2007 @ 0:4 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125061999991885!