New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Question rejected for no reason.

Go to latest mesage in thread

Question rejected for no reason.

Wild.me, posted over a year ago

Why are my question being rejected...? almost 3 questions are.

And only if I know what was the reason it got rejected I'd avoid it in the future.

So is there anybody who can help me out with this?

Posted on 19 August 2010 @ 7:59 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

There should be a sentence explaining the reason. Here are some common mistakes posters make:

writing in text speak like this: "hlp me plz, mi m8 hz stopd tking 2 mi n i dnt no wot 2 do!" --Textspeak like that will not be put through, in either questions or answers. The question must be clear to all our readers, and be written in standard English.

not including enough detail in the question: "Should I ask my girlfriend to marry me?" --the aunts need more information. How old are you both? How long have you been dating? Are there problems that would prevent or hinder the marriage?

questions that are asked often: "Should I lose my virginity? I'm 14!" --questions like these are asked all the time and a simple search of the site will reveal a great deal of good advice on the topic.

So to get a question published, write a clear, thorough explanation of the problem. Avoid textspeak and don't make the question overly sexually explicit. Do not write ALL IN CAPS, either. Don't submit three questions in a row, either. Put them all together in one, well-written, comprehensive question so that the aunts can understand your situation or problem.

A few reminders. DearCupid is not a dating site. It is not a site to post ads or spam. Read the guidelines here: http://www.dearcupid.org/pages/answer-guidelines.html [The link is in the "About Us" section under "common-sense posting guidelines"]

Hope this helps!

Posted on 19 August 2010 @ 13:0 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Another reason questions may be rejected is if you have asked the same question, or a minor variation of the topic, over and over and over again.

Posted on 19 August 2010 @ 13:4 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140629200002877!