New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Spelling Errors

Go to latest mesage in thread

Spelling Errors

Jozzie, posted over a year ago

I'm quite annoyed. I posted a question with my own title. My title got replaced, which I didn't mind, but the title that was placed there, had an obvious spelling error, saying "Want's" instead of "wants". I'm quite dissapointed, as it makes me look like a fool.

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 7:5 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

If your title was replaced it was probably because the system rejected it as already being used. The mods are human and make mistakes. They do this on a volunteer basis. Its likely that there were dozens to go thru, and an error was made. Someone can and will go in and fix it for you. I'm sorry that you felt that you were made to look like a fool. However you choose to look rude all by yourself. Mal

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 12:56 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Um is this what's her name that went ballistic because Irish49 got a comma wrong on your title a couple of weeks ago? If not I want to apologize in advance. But if it is you need to step away from the keyboard and get a grip. My typing is atrocious. But over the years I do the two finger hunt and peck fairly quickly. How ever the concentration I have to use to accomplish this task short circuits my brain sometimes and it doesn't leave my brain with enough processing capacity to always use the right forms of words. Like there instead of they're. I know that they're is a contraction of they are. And I know when and where it should be used. I always go back and try to catch them all but sometimes I don't. And win I do'nt ketch them all I feel like an idiot butt it doe'snt rune my day. I don't think about it much at all. I see other people that I no that no better screw it up sometimes so I no it happens. So git over it if it is the chick from a couple of weeks ago using a knew account. And even if it isn't get over it anyway. For yew too get on hear and make an issue over a spelling or punctuation error makes yough lowk like a bigger ful then the people yew argh taking tew task.

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 15:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

This is the exact reason why I said no to being a moderator. 1 little mistake and im being scolded.

I'm the first to admit that my spelling and gramma leave alot to be desired. But I do try to get it right. So that on the one special occasion that I actually do make a point, the OP can understand it

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 16:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

its when you get a PM from a moderator scolding you quite humiliatingly for poor spelling that you should really worry ;P

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 18:35 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

jst dnt do txt tlk dats wat drvs me crzee. grrr. u don hab 2 b a gr8 spllr 2 at les tri.

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 19:45 (London time) - permalink

celtic_tigerceltic_tiger, posted over a year ago

ARGHHHHH NOOOOO!!!! Mods pet hate!

Where is my red pen!!!

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 19:51 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

lmao mal, somehow i understood that :).

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 20:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The bane of this generation...textspeak! heehee I quite agree, Ellie. Speaking of proper grammer, I hate to point this out to you, Jozzie. :) But a word in your posting is also spelled wrong. Dissapointed is actually spelled, "Disappointed". Do you now see, Jozzie..how easy it is to make an error. Try to be more tolerant of that, hun...it displays class and a willingness to be patient and kind to others. Just don't sweat the small stuff. okay?

Posted on 8 February 2010 @ 20:25 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Spelling errors I can tolerate...but it's when a poster forgets to put a period after the end of a sentence that drives me nuts! A long post, and not a single period throughout! Like some crazy rambling of one's mind or something. And we got to make sense of that??

Arrgh...

(well, at least they aren't handwritten! Imagine trying to deciphering handwritings!)

Posted on 9 February 2010 @ 3:47 (London time) - permalink

visionevisione, posted over a year ago

people who use no punctuation (omg feels like reading stream of consciousness.. except these aren't literary classics) and people who use excessive netspeak make me want to roll my face on my keyboard. and if they use both i'm not even going to read the question.

but yeah no one is going to harp on you for a few mistakes, everyone makes them.

Posted on 9 February 2010 @ 16:6 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125076700001955!