New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > To the mods apology

Go to latest mesage in thread

To the mods apology

Good GirlGood Girl, posted over a year ago

I would just like to apologize and try to make clear something that happened today. I had been able to post something as a question and a followup before and wasnt aware that that is not allowed so when i tried to do it today it was a surprise to me that my question was rejected. That, however was not the only problem. My question was too long. I was also ignorant that there is a limit on the length of posts so i had given all I could as far as background. I want to say i'm sorry here. When i received notice that my question was rejected the mod put a note at the top saying that if I reduced the length of my question it would be posted and i took that to mean that it would be posted as a question or an update but not both. So I tried to clip away anything that wasn't absolutely necessary. I tried to explain why I had posted both ways in a note to the mod. A short time later I saw that my post had been rejected again and this time by a different mod who said that if I tried to "sneak" a question in I would be flagged and kicked off the site! I am very distressed by this because my intention by resubmitting my question was only to follow the guidelines that the first mod gave me. I even left the original mod note intact to show that I had complied with their request. I'm very confused and very sorry. This site really has helped me and I always look forward to interacting with everyone. I respect what the mods do and am grateful that they take time to make this a safe and enjoyable place to come and discuss things! I hate misunderstandings and I hope that this message reaches the mods that reviewed me because i want them to know that I am sorry and was indeed ignorant today. I hope you all have a joyful holiday.

Posted on 21 December 2009 @ 3:50 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

k_c100k_c100, posted over a year ago

Hi there,

Just been into the mods section and had a look at your rejected question - basically because you were only updating your last question rather than posting something new, thats the reason why both mods rejected the post.

Dont worry, your account wont be disabled or anything like that. One other thing to remember - that post was still way too long (the aunts & uncles on here tend to answer the shorter questions so that would not have gotten many answers anyway) and also, please use a spell check! As mods, we hate to see text speak and bad use of English when all computers have a spell check option! So if you do want to post something again then to maxmimise your chances of getting it published, make sure it is reasonably short in length and written properly in full English!

Thanks!

Posted on 21 December 2009 @ 11:14 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.140605100001267!