New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > headings

Go to latest mesage in thread

headings

kathy255, posted over a year ago

I was wondering why they always change my heading? It says choose one or we will suggest one for you. Well I always write one and they always change it. Twice now it has been changed to a heading that was not the focus of my question. Whoever is changing them please don't change mine I like the ones I write. Thank you.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 13:11 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Take note MODS. Usually they change it to make it more appealing for people to click on it. I don't know what your title was, but perhaps they wanted to change it slightly to make it sound more click-able. Although in your case it seems like it was misread, or something. The more people click on your question the better, right? It's kind of like headlining a news story :)

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 13:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I was wondering if I could help to explain why this might be happening.

I don't know what questions you have posted, or the titles of them. But there are limitations to what can be a title. For example, if somebody submitted a question, and titled it as "Could I be pregnant?", it would probably be changed. This is because there are so many questions related to pregnancy that the title may already exist.

As another example, if someone chooses a title like "Does this guy like me?", the chances are that it already exists. There can't be more than one question with the same title. So even if a title chosen by the OP is perfect, if it already exists it will have to be changed.

Titles are also more helpful if they provide a bit of an idea of what the question is about. If someone asks a question and titles it as "Help me!", for example, it will most likely be changed, because "Help me!" isn't really sufficient.

I don't know if this helps you at all. If this doesn't seem to relate to your own experiences with submitting questions, then I apologise if this wasn't useful to you. But I thought it was worth mentioning some of these things, just incase anybody else was wondering something similar.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 13:32 (London time) - permalink

Confuzzled012Confuzzled012, posted over a year ago

I wouldn't get to worked up. They make titles specifically to grab peoples' attention so that they will read your question. That's the point; not to write your exact questiion. People will be drawn in and see the question you're asking once they read it.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 15:54 (London time) - permalink

All I'm saying is my titles are effective attention grabbers without telling the whole story or without being too ordinary. I just want them to leave my titles alone. They completely changed one of mine, the title they wrote wasn't even close to the question I was asking. I would love for them to leave them alone.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 21:40 (London time) - permalink

Here is an example of one title "my fwb says he loves me now that I have lost weight" ok I never said that anywhere in my question.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 21:48 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The only follow ups posted on your profile was from this question of yours, titled 'Are we going to be "friends with benefits" forever, or does he want more?'. Have you submitted it more than once and got the title you gave an example of? If it's just the one then I thought that title was fine. If that title has actually been used in another question you posted, then I can see how that could be implied because at the end one of the questions was something along the lines of ' Is he interested now I've lost weight?'. There are many Mods so they won't all read this and remember that you want the title exactly how you put it, but the majority of the time Mods leave it or only slightly change a title that has been provided by the question asker. Also if there was a mistake in the title, most people on here have the common sense to look below and actually read the question properly.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 22:1 (London time) - permalink

Life is really too short to get worked up over tiny things. This isn't a big deal. Bottom line, your question was submitted. Bottom line: the MODS work hard and don't need to be nit-picked. There are far too many people and questions and answers and articals on this site for them to be taking special oders fromo individuals. Cut some slack and relax a little.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 22:46 (London time) - permalink

I'm not getting worked up I just wanted to know why they change it. I like the titles I wrote, I'm not angry just curious on why they would change perfectly fine titles.

Posted on 23 September 2009 @ 23:13 (London time) - permalink

it seems to me that people are irritated with me for asking this question. Sorry to offend anybody, but I find it to be a little insulting when they change my title. I understand if the same title was used or if you don't write one, of course do what you gotta do. But, I hate the fact that I take the time to write a title just to have it changed. I write all the time and I feel that when it is changed you are telling me that I'm not good enough. Maybe I am a little bit over the top on this, but it is how I feel and isn't this site about getting open honest questions and answers. Thank you for the site I do like it.

Posted on 24 September 2009 @ 6:54 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

kathy255, you are completely entitled to say what you think, that is part of what this forum is for: feedback.

If it's any consolation, I have experienced what you have. When I was quite new to this site, I asked a couple of questions, and the titles I chose were changed. Not drastically, but they were still changed. This made me feel quite annoyed, because as far as I was concerned, my titles were fine as they were.

It can make you feel like you are not good enough, I agree, and it is frustrating at times. All I can really say is that I think all of the moderators have the best interests of the OP in mind, so if they completely change a title, they are probably thinking it will help in some way.

One suggestion I can think of is that if you submit a question, and you would really like your own title to be used, you could write a little message to the moderators at the start or end of your question, asking that the title be left as it is if that is possible. The moderators will then understand your preference, and the little message can be deleted from your original question. Just an idea anyway.

Posted on 24 September 2009 @ 7:16 (London time) - permalink

Nah I was just reading around to find that someone left because the maintnance of the site was perfect and i've spoken to tohers privately and they seem to have a lot to complain about and i was jus growing tired of it. I'm a -I don't like peas but these are a lovely shade of green- kind of guy. If you're gonna say somethign negative, throw in some positive, basically.

Most people will take time to say what they don't like but many won't take time to say what they do. I expereinced that A LOT working manager of a store. Customer complaints..

Posted on 24 September 2009 @ 9:22 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125017799997295!