New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Additions/Changes

Go to latest mesage in thread

Additions/Changes

The Gentle ManThe Gentle Man, posted over a year ago

Hey, just a couple of ideas.

1. Make posting a question easier, the first time I posted it took a while to find where to click to ask a question. Maybe if it said "Click here to ask for help" instead it would be easier ?

2. Chat room ? Im not sure if this can be implemented but I personally think that it would be a hit. Sometimes its nice to have a direct talk with someone. Perhaps use IRC ?

Posted on 24 April 2009 @ 0:43 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

3. Updated forums ? perhaps a phpbb based forum for ease of reading, posting and updating (sometimes I see old topics flagged as new in the left pane of the screen).

Posted on 24 April 2009 @ 0:45 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I disagree with the chatroom idea.. I think the safest route to go would be for people on this site to PM each other and possibly talk on their own private messengers. Chatrooms heed to be monitored properly, and have some form of high security measures in place. Not quite sure how you would do that.

The whole basis of this website is to offer written text help and support to vulnerable people, who need guidance, clarity to painful life issues. There are just too many predators and weirdos out there that could sign in and create angst and even bigger problems, in a chatroom format. You run a huge risk and I think a chatroom would take a lot away from the real purpose of this site, which is helping people through problems and troubled times in their lives. The forums are a fun section for Aunts/Uncles to socialize and make comments. I think that is enough. Some may or may not agree....this is just my opinion and I stand by it.

Posted on 24 April 2009 @ 20:59 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

The forums and PM's are virtually a chat room anyway - messages appear instantly in both.

Posted on 25 April 2009 @ 14:29 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Think the forums need polishing up - very hard to see what the latest posts are about - the top 20 overall are shown on the home page and that normally is 90% taken up by the latest word game. I don't think they should be a place for the Aunts to socalise only. They should be were discussion can be held and not lost in the mist of time.

If it just showed the latest post in each category that would help lots. Then the forums can be opened up for discussions and the real questions kept separate. The fun category can keep the sociaable aunts happy and everybody wins....

I also think a survey feature on here could be interesting....

Star.x.

Posted on 30 April 2009 @ 20:41 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

If you click on 'Cupid's Lounge' top left of the previous page to this one, all the subject are there in chronological order of the latest posting to them.

Posted on 30 April 2009 @ 20:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Uncle phil agree - but that's not on the home page for the forums - when i go in to the first screen of the forums it goes:

first 2 are this message,

then 2 your thought this was relevent (which i liked :))

then 5 on this day in history mixed up with some misplaced questions (people are used to posting in forums so sometime miss the how to post questions bit)

and the sex survey question.

i think it would be better if it had on the home page of the forums:

Cupids lounges : last post in this forum

Breakups : last post in this forum

Singles : last post in this forum

etc.

however with these categories where to fresh posters with a problem post?...shoould be made very clear...

Star.x.

Posted on 30 April 2009 @ 21:27 (London time) - permalink

Yeah I see the point in the chat thing.

The forums could be alot better with something like vBulletin or phpbb3. It would most likely bring more attention to the forums and increase use.

Posted on 7 May 2009 @ 17:20 (London time) - permalink

heavyheart8, posted over a year ago

I'm new here but thought I'd mention that you can give yourself 5 star ratings on your answer. I think that should be addressed to not taint the rating system's credibility.

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 8:13 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Yes and I think the rating system should be gotten rid of. It pressures people and makes people feel badly when they shoudnl't. With the immaturity that goes on ini this world, i wouldn't doubt people who don't like a certain aunt would go and rate them horribly just to see their ratings go down. I saw a concern from a mod here that when s/he would inform people of something they needed to change, their rating wold go down severely the next day.

I think there's no point in it. I don't want anyone feeling their better than anyone else, or anyone feelings their not as good.

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 8:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree with you on this. It's something I've mentioned before myself. The rating system can have the power to make people feel despondent and useless if they don't have a good one.

If my rating drops, I worry that I have unintentially hurt someone I was trying to help. I know you can't help everyone, and that perhaps they just wasn't able to accept what you said. But it still troubles me.

I think I've gotten a bit tougher about it now, but I know that it does bother other people too. I don't fully understand the rating system or how it works. But it does seem to have a negative impact on some people.

I guess we just all have to keep trying to help each other, and try not to pay much attention to the ratings, as difficult as it may be at times.

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 10:39 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I take a lot more notice of the rating the question askers have given me rather than 'all users'. That's the rating that matters most, and you're not doing too badly at all on that score Samantha - 8.62 from all users and 9.04 from the question askers. It doesn't get much better than that!

Posted on 29 August 2009 @ 12:11 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140606699998898!