New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244987 questions, 1084408 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Sex talk > No Sex Drive!

Go to latest mesage in thread

No Sex Drive!

geordielad, posted over a year ago

hi all, looking for some help/suggestions!

im 20, had sex with a few ladies my age and no one has complained (well not to my face) but my current girlfriend has NO sex drive at all and to be honest, im at a loss of what i can do!

is there anyone out there that could help me?

many thanks

steevie

Posted on 24 August 2008 @ 0:7 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I have an idea for you. Does she know how you feel about the matter, and express a desire to have a higher sex drive? That would make things a lot easier.

Perhaps you could ask her what really turns her on. Ask if she has any fantasies that are going unfulfilled. Or maybe she doesn't know what turns her crank. You could try spicing it up a bit... if she's willing to do some experimentation.

I suggest chatting with her about it first, if you haven't already. No pressure on her, just the desire to please her.

Posted on 25 August 2008 @ 20:31 (London time) - permalink

BillTarr, posted over a year ago

“Although hypoactive sexual desire may be the most common complaint among couples who seek treatment for sexual problems, it may also be the most difficult sexual dysfunction to treat,” according to David Farley Hurlbert, clinical director of Marriage and Sex Therapy at Darnall Army Community Hospital in Belton, Texas.

That’s partly because there are so many different things that can cause it—and often more than one thing is involved. There may be relationship problems, like unresolved conflict or fear of intimacy. There may be psychological problems, like depression, stress, anxiety or guilt. It’s possible the problem is secondary to some other problem. There may be physical problems, like hormonal abnormalities, medication side effects or illness. Or all of the above.

And, of course, at the heart of it all is the ephemeral nature of desire itself. In her groundbreaking work Disorders of Sexual Desire and Other New Concepts and Techniques in Sex Therapy, the late Helen Singer Kaplan, M.D., Ph.D., found that unlike sexual arousal, sexual desire exists primarily in the mind. It’s not so much a lack of ability to perform as a lack of motivation to do so.

And frequently, if she's not motivated to make love to you, that means there’s some other problem in your relationship. In fact, observes Dr. Alexander, “Most patients who complain of decreased sexual desire have a relationship problem, not a true sexual problem.”

Posted on 5 September 2008 @ 9:6 (London time) - permalink

jamon, posted over a year ago

Me and my wife has been maried for 10 years. She has no sex drive what so ever. When we do have sex she will ask during this time if I am done yet. No matter what I do I can not couse any pleasure for her. I have tried oral, vibrators etc. Oh yea in ten years she has never had a orgasm. I often find myself begging for sex. 50% of the time I am turned down. Please help.

Posted on 25 October 2008 @ 0:54 (London time) - permalink

HoneypieHoneypie, posted over a year ago

Wow. I think personally after 10 years of not having a single orgasm I would be a little "tired" of trying. But never give up.

Make a date night. ( if you have kids get a darn sitter or drop them of at your parents/inlaws/someone you trust them with. Give her a pair of remote controlled vibe panties and tell her you are in charge of the remote. (hopefully she will be game)

Talk to her. Tell her how attractive you find her, how she turns you on. What about her turns you on.

Give her a massage - it might not even involve sex but it feels good.

Ask her about fantasies. If she doesn't want to get into it, do it thru emails. Set it as your goal to find out what makes her tick, then make it happened.

Find a GOOD clit stimulator, she might not be able to get a vaginal orgasm but most women can get a clit orgasm fairly easy. Use plenty of lube.

Study up on Karma Sutra. And G-spots. ( the find hers) Make sex about exploring her not just about you getting off.

Touch her when you walk past her. Kiss her passionately and walk away.

Buy her a book with erotic stories.

Those are just a few things you can do. There can be plenty of medical reasons as to why she has no sex drive. Depression. Post partum, hormonal imbalance and so forth. Might not be a bad idea for her to go get a yearly check up.

GL

Posted on 26 December 2008 @ 1:16 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140581999992719!