New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Where would you like to live - and why?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Where would you like to live - and why?

, posted over a year ago

There's a thread on here asking where all the Aunts are from - but where would you like to live - and why?

If I could choose a place to live it would be Malta.

Why? Situated as it is in the middle of the Mediterranean, a very pleasant climate, not too cold in winter and beautifully warm if not hot in summer. Warm clear sea, fantastic scuba diving and sailing areas and wonderful scenery and history. Cheap wine and beer, but not least of all - some of the friendliest people on Earth.

Posted on 11 April 2008 @ 11:46 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

BigSisBigSis, posted over a year ago

Hiya Uncle Phil, that's a tough one. I suppose anywhere that isn't governed by arseholes that dictate to us how we should live, breath and spend our hard earned cash.

Somewhere that doesn't relate to everything surrounding us as being 'politically incorrect', ie. changing good old fashioned things such us, not being allowed to use words like 'blackbord'..it should now be called a 'whiteboard, or altering the words to nursery rhymes like 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' to 'Baa Baa White Sheep', and changing stuff like Christmas lights, cards and decorations to 'Festive or seasonal lights, cards and decorations, to as to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups.

Our children aren't allowed to play conkers in the playground anymore or throw snow balls or even play 'kiss chase' and such like. The lists are endless and it's getting worse by the day.

I would like to live on an island where the weather is beautiful and the sea is crystal clear, where I can pluck my food out of the ground and pick off a tree...eat all the seafood can fish for myself and have no need for money, or gas or electric, and where I don't have to pay coucil tax, but most of all ~ somewhere that doesn't have any wars, violence and the constant abuse of children.

Oh...one more thing...somewhere where I don't have to look at another one of those bloody awful 'Smar't cars ~ ever again!

On that note, i'm now off with my brolly and thick coat ~ to go and draw money out of the bank and pay my council tax, gas and electricity bills, then go food shopping in an overcrowded supermarket, dodge the odd pickpocket and refrain from throwing up when I see a 'Smart' car.

BigSis xXx

Posted on 11 April 2008 @ 13:32 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Id like to live somewere safe lovely with lots of trees n flowers deep blue rivers and warm were everybody understands each other and no one judges anyone...I guess thats my heaven mate XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 11 April 2008 @ 14:55 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125001200001861!