New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Money making ideas please!

Go to latest mesage in thread

Money making ideas please!

, posted over a year ago

Has anyone got any money making ideas? I lost my job, (fantastic PA job, got made redundant) last May and i have been in temp stuff since then. In the job from Hell right now with a right twit of a boss. Can anyone come up with anything (clean) that i can do to bring in some cash. I have considered doing my own typing business but right now i cannot even afford to advertise. Any ideas great aunts and uncles would be appreciated. I love you all!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted on 8 April 2008 @ 10:17 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Hi Sandra,

Don't know if this would work for you where you live, but when my husband and I relocated to London we needed to find housing. His company used a small company, two women in fact, who researched the available rental housing in the areas we were interested in. They went to the real estate agencies, got the listings, sorted through the likely prospects, made appointments and drove us around to see the properties.

We had to fill out a questionaire which covered budget, needs/wants in the rental (number of bedrooms, near park/train station/schools, etc.).

The women billed the company for their time, I'm not sure exactly how much, but they dealt with lots of expats coming over for one or more years. It involved lots of legwork on their part, but it made our life a lot easier, because we could just show up for a two or three day period and they'd set up all the appointments and given us a lot of choices in the housing area.

I have no idea how many companies have expats temporarily relocating in your area, but it might be worth investigating. You'd want the larger companies which have a global presence. Another tip off to the need would be if there were any schools for foreign children, like American schools or others...

You'd have to have a car and be able to drive them around...

We would meet up with the ladies at a set point, haul out the A to Zed, and drive to the properties, where the real estate agent would show us the house. It was a huge time saver for us and invaluable for finding a great house near a park.

Good luck!

Posted on 9 April 2008 @ 14:58 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Can you not set up in your business? Try working as you do but as a freelance? Just an idea. I have been lucky, had a job as a PA to a Managing Director for ages now, love the job, boss great, do my own thing and walk to work. love it, but i do feel for you if you are not happy. Try internet agencies, or just packing in all of your agencies and putting and ad in the local paper. Good luck mate.

Posted on 10 April 2008 @ 10:49 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I really need to get my act together and find something, this job i've got is terrible, awful ignorant foul mouthed boss, basis pay etc. Only good thing is the fact that i can start and finish when i want and the day is mine, with my own key, but for 24 hours per week i am in hell. That sounds quite interesting, but i have no capital to get started, i think i need to work for someone to get some cash together and then start up with something like this. My son said i should do typing for people because i am good and fast at it, so i think i need to get that one started.

Many thanks guys, love you all xxxx

Posted on 10 April 2008 @ 10:53 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125001300002623!