New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Shy guys

Go to latest mesage in thread

Shy guys

tytoalbatytoalba, posted over a year ago

Every girl has had problems with shy guys, but is there any real way to read them or flirt with them and get them?

Posted on 1 January 2008 @ 16:43 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

ZimZim, posted over a year ago

Yea there are but they're slightly different to confident guys.

They are much more likely to do subtle things, such as open the door for you and also look at you a lot if they like you. If you look at them, they will quickly look away and pretend that nothing happened. If this happens a couple of times, you can be pretty sure they like you. If they are generally nice to you and pay you a lot of attention, it's generally a good indication they like you.

Flirting with them is the same as with any other guy, except I wouldn't recommend doing it in a public place as they won't know how to respond. I used to be quite a shy guys and still am in some respects and in that kind of situation we just don't really have the experience to pull it out. Also, subtle flirting is best, for instance touching his arm when he says something funny? With regard to asking them out, I know that a lot of shy guys wouldn't mind being asked out by a girl but due to it being essentially an irregular occurrence they are likely to need some time to think about it. Giving them the opportunity to ask you out though would be greatly appreciated and again requires the kind of private setting.

Of course with these "private" settings, these can include going to the food machine in a bowling alley to get away from the crowd. Bad example I know, but perhaps it gives you a better idea.:-)

Hope that helps!

ZIM

Posted on 4 January 2008 @ 23:19 (London time) - permalink

mattbeamattbea, posted over a year ago

maybe if a shy guy had that response of being with a girl in the first place maybe it says something at first?

Posted on 5 January 2008 @ 3:34 (London time) - permalink

Thanks, and I'm pretty sure mine likes me but, do you think a shy guy would want to go to the movies with a girl he liked with a couple of her friends? Would it scare him or put him off?

Posted on 7 January 2008 @ 0:24 (London time) - permalink

S-man, posted over a year ago

yeah i think he would.... AS LONG AS: you present it in a very secure manner. Shy guys like their security, this is probably outside of his comfort zone, so as long as you act like its jsut a regular gathering then everything should be fine, but please allow him to bring some friends along as well, there is nothing more intimidating than a girl who likes you with all of her friends. It can be very pressuring when all the friends are around. THis sounds like im contradicting myself, however still take your friends but let him bring his friends too.

Posted on 8 January 2008 @ 8:42 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It depends on how shy. Some guys can be shy yet they still let you into their world, others dont and can be seen to be sly, not shy. My first one came across as shy at first, sorry to say this, but he became a wife beater later, all the frustration he had packed inside of him, burst out. Not all guys are like this, so dont be put off, just be warned. xx

Posted on 9 January 2008 @ 9:23 (London time) - permalink

Yeah, that was what i was thinking. However, i'm rather shy too though bold enough to start a conversation with him, I look into his eyes and forget what I was talking about start nearly stuttering just like he always is just barely able to keep himself from it too. Though sometimes he seems to avoid me but hten he looks into my eyes and is extremely shy around me. but when I tried to ask him if he like to hang out this weekend, all I got out was "So is your internet on your computer working? You should email me sometime." I was so scared, but I'll try next week, I see him all the time when I walk around the school but only talk to him when I really can which only once a week. But next week, maybe I'll get to talk to him more. Can you help me swallow my fear and figure out how to ask him to hang out me and some mates of ours?

Posted on 10 January 2008 @ 0:20 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140533300000243!