New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084412 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Merry Christmas to you all

Go to latest mesage in thread

Merry Christmas to you all

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

Hi to you,

wishing you a very merry Christmas wherever you are.

And a very happy new year in 2016.

Do you have a favouurite tip at Christmas?

I know I do go over the top at Christmas but to me it is a special time.

Earlier this month I also dropped off some good quality presents in unopened packaging to a large charity that distributes Christmas presents to children. I like that they only accept new presents still in the original packaging as some children rarely receive new toys and usually only have toys that once belonged to someone else.

I also like that they specify that presents must not be wrapped - this is to prevent unsuitable presents being offered. Strange that anyone would want to do such a things to a child but apparently some people are so misguided.

do you have a special tradition you follow at Christmas for the Christmas lunch?

I like making individual desserts and I put them on a platter for people to choose what they want.

It means I am not left with bowls or platters that look messy once everyone has taken their serve.

even the puddings are individual puddings.

On a separate platter, this year, I intend to present the brandy snap mixture baskets and the chocolate baskets - empty - in the middle of a platter with the potential filling in each of the segments around the edge of the platter.

I think everyone will enjoy choosing their own fillings for these baskets.

My once a year indulgence is a dark chocolate paneforte filled with lots of almonds.

Hope your Christmas day is filled with good cheer and that you have a very happy day surrounded by your loved ones.

Posted on 25 December 2015 @ 11:36 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.124982699999237!