New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Father's Day Approaches

Go to latest mesage in thread

Father's Day Approaches

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

The 3rd Sunday in June

Father's Day approaches in the US, Canada and UK and in many other countries.

The third Sunday in June is probably the most popular day for Father's Day. On that day, or close to that day Father's Day is also celebrated in Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, France, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Venezuela and Zimbabwe, among others.

Though several other dates are chosen by particular countries to celebrate Father's Day on alternate days during the year.

So I wish all fathers and fathers to be and Grandfathers a happy day on this soon to be here Father's Day.

I thought I'd post on the subject after I spent ages online looking for hand made gifts that were suitable. Discovered gadgets I did not even know existed and found and amazing array of things to consider. A beer cap holder? A mash paddle? Fish lures under a dollar.

We collect a care package of tiny things to fit in a box where each thing is not expensive to buy, or is home made at home. One year we used a purchased small picture frame and some thick paper and pressed a finger print of each one of us onto the sheet of paper and then framed it. It was certainly personalised gift.

There is still a proper present, but the box of smaller things often brings lots of joy to the day.

So wherever you are I hope that Father's Day can one day be a significant day to a Father you know, Or a father to be. Or a grandfather. Or you, if you are a father reading this.

Posted on 12 June 2015 @ 18:3 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.125005599998985!