New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Chik Fil A

Go to latest mesage in thread

Chik Fil A

DeaganDeagan, posted over a year ago

Hey USA,

I'm curious if any of you have witnessed protesters, posters, signs, etc. around your neighborhood's Chik-fil-a's.

I live in Maryland and the two nearby have people surrounding the restaurants picketing and shouting at all the cars passing by. Several are outside the restaurant harassing the customers walking in.

I had a pamphlet placed on my windshield, as well as the cars surrounding mine, that had a picture of the cow with devil horns.

Is anyone else experiencing this across the country? I don't see it covered in the news and that's fine, I understand news stations are covering bigger headlines (my thoughts go out to the Aurora victims and families).

I suppose I'm just perplexed by this. The protesters are exercising their freedom of speech and speaking out about the anti-gay views the CEO has.

But isn't the CEO exercising his rights to voice his personal beliefs as well?

I find this to be so hypocritical; pro-gay organizations are essentially criticizing him for using freedom of speech. I mean, it's his business, he's allowed to place his personal religious beliefs as the companies values and beliefs, right? And really, is everyone really shocked that the CEO of a Christian-based food chain said that?

I'm not speaking on behalf of any religion, and I'm certainly don't want to give the impression that I am anti-gay- I am actually pro marriage and equality.

I just don't understand why this guy is being lynched. Chik fila donates a lot of money to local organizations.

Have any thoughts on this?

Posted on 25 July 2012 @ 22:24 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-chick-fil-a-chicago-20120725,0,4158667.story

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/07/25/chick-fil-a-has-completely-lost-control-of-its-facebook-page/

It's being covered by the media in a small way. My guess is that the story will gain traction as each side tries to get its message across.

The guy is being 'lynched' (though it's difficult to picture a rich white male CEO actually being subjected to that horrific, tortuous death) because he donates money to organizations that promote intolerance and bigotry, some extreme religious organizations. "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" [D. Truett]]

Cathy said. "And I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Though the company had previously denied supporting an anti-gay agenda, Chick-fil-A (via its charitable arm, the WinShape Foundation) donated over $3 million to organizations like the Family Research Council and Exodus International between 2003 and 2009. In 2010, the company donated over $1.9 million to anti-gay causes.

He's definitely entitled to his personal opinions. So are the protestors. Perhaps Chik-fil-A is being targeted because of its CEO's prominently anti-gay agenda?

Posted on 26 July 2012 @ 15:18 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.124968699998135!