New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084410 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Who said chivalry is dead?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Who said chivalry is dead?

hanniesedshannieseds, posted over a year ago

Okay, well maybe it is dead, but for one day out of the year it seems men and women remember what love is all about!

I know a large number of people believe Valentines Day is over-commersialised blah blah blah, but it's all about making your day about non-commercial love!

It was V-day in New Zealand yesterday and my boyfriend spolit me the entire day. It was amazing, he even stayed dressed in his black slacks, shirt & tie after his morning job interview the entire day just coz I commented on how sexy he looked! The day was about me and it was fantastic. I kept saying how much I appreciated his efforts, to his reply "I don't feel I'm putting in any effort; it isn't hard at all to please you, is it meine liebe?!"

We drove through Wellington and all around us were couples holding hands and kissing in the streets. The air was full of loving words and unspoken heart-felt feelings. It was beautiful to witness.

So to those of you who don't celebrate Valentines Day just because you think it is all too commerical, then stop and think about what you can do for the one you love from your heart. It's not about buying flowers and spending vast amounts of money, it is about thoughtfulness and making the one you love feel special. To the woman who say they don't care their partners didn't recognise it, I don't believe you!

A little post-it note on the bathroom mirror - something so small can say so much.

Why don't the ones in love out there try to put a little Valentines Day into each and every day this year? A little random act of love that requires hardly any time or effort can melt the heart of your lover. Think about it.

xxx

Posted on 14 February 2007 @ 22:51 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.140614200005075!