New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Sorry to interrupt the celebrity game...

Go to latest mesage in thread

Sorry to interrupt the celebrity game...

, posted over a year ago

...but my old shipmate Lofty sent me this link and I just HAD to share it with all you lovely people. This was when Great Britain was great, and when we also had a Navy to speak of! Please enjoy! This is one of my 'old ships', HMS Hermes. Lofty and I served in her 1968/69 in the Far East. What memories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzFw-qsJoC0

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 20:2 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

A fine looking war ship, she is, Phil! I can only 'imagine' the colorful, amazing stories you can regale us with, from your years, in service to the British Navy...how wonderful for you to see this video!

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 20:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I tell you Irish, it brought a tear or two to the old eyeballs! I didn't seem like anything to get emotional about at the time though!

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 20:44 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Just had a look there what a ship! i just love anything from that time, my Father in law was in the navy so i can recall looking at photos from then, you men must have had nerves of steel i tell you!

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 20:56 (London time) - permalink

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Wow, Uncle Phil, that is an amazing ship. I'm sure you must have some wonderful stories to tell from your time in the Navy. It's amazing what man can do when he sets his mind to it. Floating islands that planes can land and take off from. It's just unreal to see the scope of it!

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 21:2 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

They do say that the the flight deck of a fixed-wing aircraft carrier is the most dangerous workplaqce ever invented. We never did get any danger money either! Over 2 years of my life was spent living and working on that ship. Believe it or not, she's still in service with the Indian Navy and is now called INS Viraat. You can google it and see what she's been up to in recent years.

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 21:16 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Assisting with the retrieval and launching of military aircraft from the flight deck of navy vessels, would be a most hazardous, not to mention a physically harrowing job, Phil. Hats to the brave men/women, who do this!!

Posted on 2 March 2009 @ 23:29 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.156156599994574!