New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Addiction to MMORPG Games

Go to latest mesage in thread

Addiction to MMORPG Games

RyderRyder, posted over a year ago

Anyone heard of MMORPG games? They are basically roleplaying games online where people meet others from all over the world and play the game communicating and enjoying the company of peolpe.

I myself have been playing one of the games its called tibia its actually quite addictive im not so stuck to the game as my friends and my brother, they actually can't go anywhere without playing the game..

Anyone heard of these games? If so post about your experience and what you think about them :P

Advice if you haven't i suggest you don't play it, its worse than drugs :D

Posted on 10 May 2006 @ 12:46 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Yea, I've definatly heard of it. I'm an MMORPG addict also, however I play a game called Ragnarok Online. It's extreamly addictive, but I still would give it up to spend time doing other things, like hanging out with my boyfriend. People get so addicted to MMORPG's they sleep, eat, and skip school just to be on the game, hence why they can be considered as being more harmful than drugs. I also suggest not to get into it, it's extreamly harmful and usually ends up making the person anti-social.

Posted on 10 May 2006 @ 15:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I've had the chance to play MetalKnights (http://metalknights.com) way back in the late 90's. It was an addictive free/paid online strategy game. Highest rank was a Corporal with a 4 to 1 win/lose ratio.

After that, I signed up for Dune Generations, but that went defunct. Did some beta testing for Mankind (http://mankind.o2oe.com) in the late 90's, but lost track of that. I've had the chance to sample Second Life (http://secondlife.com) - it had an initial 'cool-factor' appeal, but soon lost interest with it as well. I did some Furcadia (http://furcadia.com) - which IMO was a very badly executed game, despite it's member-base.

A couple of years ago, a friend introduced me to Ragnarok Online, which was okay at the start, but then you realize that essentially, the game is about killing X creature to gain X experience. The whole spiel (sp?) about interactive chat community is everywhere - in ALL MPOGs'. So there was nothing special about RO. Had a chance to watch the RO anime though, which was okay.

Then I heard about D&D Stormreach. Being an avid pen and paper role player back in the mid 90's to early 00's, I was excited about that. Alas after it came out, and sampling a bit of the game, I was majorly disappointed.

Other games I've played online are Anarchy Online - interesting premise, gorgeous graphics, beautiful ambience, good sound, but the controls killed it, as well as the same kill X creature to gain X experience killed my interest in it. Signed up for Pristontale Online - nice graphics, easy to control, but again, did not grasp an everlasting interest.

Rose Online was a beautiful game in terms of graphics. It was realistic but cartoonish at the same time - probably the lighting effects (you won't know what I am talking about unless you're a graphic artist/designer). It was however, slow and tedious with the quest and levelling. It took on the same job premise as Maple Story, Pristontale, RO, and a slew of many other similar knock-offs.

I played Maple Story around late 2004 until around now - on and off, mainly because of my young cousins. Like all the other similar type of games, it had nice anime-ish graphics, but that's about it.

However, one game I have to say that stood out and had a better lasting appeal was/is World of Warcraft. I played that since mid February 2005. Yes, it still had kill X to gain X experience, but it also had so much more depth, history, comradery and solo play adventures, the world is friggin massive! I spent more time seeking out new towns, new flight paths, treading through enemy territory, fishing, cooking, and brewing up new powerful potions than questing. I was/am one of the most powerful characters in my guild, and spent countless hours, days, and months helping guidlies level up. It was/is a fun game.

I stopped playing due to career-related work. In the beginning half year, I even dreamt about WoW. It was crazy! Haha!

Lastly, I had the chance to play EVE Online. NOW, this was the most gorgeous game EVER! Too bad it took a nasty long time gain money, cuz I am still stuck with a frigate.

Posted on 10 May 2006 @ 22:19 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.12505610000153!