New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244993 questions, 1084425 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Breakups > She cheated

Go to latest mesage in thread

She cheated

hurtyoungman, posted over a year ago

Hi, I'm 22 years old, and have been in a steady relationship with a girl I absolutely adored for over 3 years. We were rarely apart and were so happy together. We travelled to Rome, Florida, Portugal, Prague, loads of places and I saw myself one day marrying her.

This all changed a couple of months ago when we had been living together for over a month. Suddenly she was being different and wanted space. I always trusted her, but then the other night a "friend" of mine told me, while drunk, that they had kissed many times and she had wanted to have sex with him. I was gutted. I confronted her about it and she admitted it, having previously denied straight to my face a week before that she had ever cheated or even kissed someone else. She came clean that she had been feeling guilty and knew that if she told me I would have broken up with her, this is why she needed space, the guilt. When I asked how long it had been going on, weeks? months? years? she just cried and looked so guilty so it had obviously been the whole time.

I broke things off with her and moved out of the flat and back home.

She was an absolute mess when I left her and said I was perfect for her and that she couldn't live without me. She then said that she would do anything for me, anything, no matter how long it takes for me to trust her again. She knows she took me for granted and said she thought I would always be there for her, and that she doesn't know what is wrong with her, why she cheated. Honestly, I believe she probably did cheat with random guys too but she just wont tell me about to prevent more hurt.

It's only been a couple of days now and i'm still so angry and hurt. She txt me this morning about a jumper of mine being there and I phoned her back, as I just wanted a bit of normallity. I woke up this morning and instantly thought I wonder what WE could do today and started crying as I realised we aren't WE anymore. We were so good together, but she lied so much. She knows she has a problem but begs me to think about maybe taking her back, somewhere down the line, that she can change, that she can prove herself to me.

I just want some opinions from whoever is on this website. I loved this girl so much, and I can't see myself getting back together with her right now, but should I say goodbye to her forever? Or should I give her a chance to prove herself, but still be apart. I'm the type of person that believes people can change, but all of my friends and family tell me I should just cut her off completely and never see her again. I not sure I want that

Posted on 19 October 2008 @ 14:37 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

anthonynjanthonynj, posted over a year ago

Give it a try m8!

She was wit u 4 a long time and know u well,so i think give her a second chance!

Posted on 22 October 2008 @ 15:11 (London time) - permalink

MichelleB, posted over a year ago

I would say goodbye and move on. I went through a similar situation with my boyfriend and he even bought me an engagement ring. But there was some cheating drama on his end and we ended it. He would text me now and then but I finally said no more. I sold the ring he gave me to www.idonowidont.com and I got some closure from it all and that was my goodbye for good. There's other fish in the sea!

Posted on 22 October 2008 @ 23:17 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

She distroyed a major key to any relationship...trust. Once broken, it is tough to rebuild, if at all. if you can't trust her, then there is no use giving her another chance because the fact she cheated will constantly be on the back of your mind.

Posted on 1 November 2008 @ 2:5 (London time) - permalink

Charles the Lost, posted over a year ago

I married a woman who cheated on me while dating thinking kids will solve everything. Nope! Move on she has issues that will cause you pain which you don't need. Best advice: Find a sane trustworthy young lady and make sure to give her lots of attention and joy after you marry.

Posted on 3 November 2008 @ 7:11 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.218791399998736!