New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244988 questions, 1084404 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > NO REPLIES FROM QUESTION ASKERS

Go to latest mesage in thread

NO REPLIES FROM QUESTION ASKERS

Dorothy Dix, posted over a year ago

Quite often, when answering recent questions, the person with the original question, never visits the site after their first question. Because there is no response - even days or weeks later.

It's a bit disappointing. It's no-one's fault, but sometimes it can take about 30 minutes to write a reply to some questions. Others are very quick.

I have often answered questions, on the day of the question or a day or 2 later, but there is no response from the question asker. Half the time, I don't know if they've gone back into Dear Cupid again, to even check.

I then wonder if they have worked it out for themselves, or read my answer and others, but just not written a response.

I like to think that they have read them, but just not answered. Perhaps they just can't be bothered. It's all about time and a shortage of it, I guess.

It sometimes feels like you are wasting your time. I'm not going to stop helping though.

But saying this, there are a lot of people who are almost certainly sitting at their computers waiting, because they respond right away. This is encouraging.

We can't give up on people, so we just have to assume they have at least read the answers and taken it all on board - and that it has actually helped in some small way.

Despite this slight disappointment in lack of responses, it's clear that it's essential to have Dear Cupid, because there are questions arriving every few minutes. So the word is out.

I think it's getting pretty well known.

Posted on 10 May 2011 @ 1:17 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

The RealistThe Realist, posted over a year ago

You're right, it is nice to hear from the OP's but the truth is many of them do not reply. Hopefully people do read this and I do beleive it is mentioned somewhere in posting a question. More feedback is always good from them but all we can do is ask nicely.

Posted on 10 May 2011 @ 1:26 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.14065390000178!