New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > changing my titles...

Go to latest mesage in thread

changing my titles...

, posted over a year ago

So, I understand adding a title for someone who needed one or editing one that has text lingo in it; but when the editors change mine, the grammar's terrible!

Examples:

Do people's handwriting 'change' due to life events?

It's awful grammar. I hate to be so rude, but if someone edits my writing, I'd expect it to be correct. It should be:

Do peoples' handwriting... but that still sounds totally wrong.

Does someone's handwriting... THERE YOU GO!

Please, if you're gonna change my title, make it a proper change with correct grammar and spelling. Thank you.

Posted on 23 January 2010 @ 18:12 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I was the moderator that titled your posting. There was a careful deliberation on my part, at first, if I was going to even publish your question. Simply put, I wasn't sure if it was a real posting. But as the questions piled up, I took the time to read your posting and look beyond the subject matter and gave it a chance. At the very least, I hope you certainly can appreciate that, rather than being offended at the way, I used improper grammer and titled your posting.

Perhaps, if one the volunteer moderators working back there, right now... isn't too overly busy with the backlog of submissions, she will be able to to go in and change your title for you. But it might be a awhile..so be patient and we'll get at it, when we sift through the dozens of other postings that await our attention. Thank you

Posted on 23 January 2010 @ 19:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thank you Irish49,

You are a classy lady and a great example. Thanks for all you do, mal

Posted on 24 January 2010 @ 0:10 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I didn't want to offend you, so I'm sorry. I just find it frustrating sometimes. I'm very meticulous about things like that, so little mistakes irritate me. I'm sure you're doing an excellent job. Please just consider it next time, especially since editors/moderators are meant to be at the top of the list. To me, that would mean someone who uses proper spelling and grammar. Just saying.

Posted on 24 January 2010 @ 2:7 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Firstly, thanks, ML..kindly words from a gracious lady! :)

Secondly, to respond to ohdearitserika comments, just above. Thank you for the apology and saying the mods are doing an excellent job. I agree wholeheartedly. Best wishes and good luck

Posted on 24 January 2010 @ 3:50 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124998300001607!