New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084400 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Hoaxes?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Hoaxes?

, posted over a year ago

I noticed a question entitled Father in law coming onto me and I"m not gay! which has since been deleted, thankfully.

I wonder if this is some joke someone's trying to play on us, or a cut-and-paste from an agony aunt column (believe me, the wording looked strikingly similar to one I'd seen in a local tabloid!)

How do we deal with these hoaxers effectively?

Posted on 26 September 2009 @ 0:29 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Report ANY suspicious posts to the mods immediately, as soon as you see them. Make sure you title your email "Fake post alert" or something like that to let them know right away that they NEED to open your email ASAP. Also, provide a link in said email to the suspicious post. After that, you pray and hope they take it down and no one actually makes the mistake of replying seriously to the hoaxer.

Posted on 26 September 2009 @ 1:54 (London time) - permalink

Confuzzled012Confuzzled012, posted over a year ago

You'll have a lot better luck contacting a moderator than you will contacting Andrew.

Posted on 26 September 2009 @ 3:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

What's the email address to contact moderators about this sort of thing?

Posted on 26 September 2009 @ 17:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

There are many of us that are moderators on this site. You may message me with:

1. The posting in question and 'username' of the poster (if they aren't an anonymous contributer)

2. And where you found the duplicate posting

Once we have this information we can let site admin know. Thanks

Posted on 26 September 2009 @ 23:46 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I agree that the site should remove hoaxes, but how can one know if it is a hoax. Just because the same question has been asked on another relationship site doesn't mean it is a hoax. It could be a different person with the same problem or it could be the same person asking the same question on another relationship site.

I belong to a couple of men's health sites and I have seen a person ask the same question on 2 sites so that they can get the most answers and help. There is nothing wrong with that. To delete a question just because a person has asked it on another site is not right. To delete a real hoax is fine, if the mods are sure that it is really a hoax.

Posted on 27 September 2009 @ 0:16 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140648900000087!