New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > Possible copy-and-paste questions

Go to latest mesage in thread

Possible copy-and-paste questions

, posted over a year ago

I've seen a load of new questions recently which seem familiar to me... almost as if they were copy-and-pasted from other websites.

I don't know if we should lock them from answers, or delete them, or delete the accounts that created them?

What should we do?

Posted on 10 September 2009 @ 12:44 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

I don't find it unusual that a person might ask a question on different relationship sites. If all the questions were posted within a few days of each other then what is the problem. Even if they are weeks apart, it could be because they didn't get help at one place and are trying some other board.

I have seen people post the same health question on more than one health board so that they can get the most answers and varying opinions. They just post the same wording on each board. What is wrong with that? Sometimes someone will even suggest that they post at some other board.

Why would we want to delete someone's question or account just because they might be seeking advice from as many places as they can get it? The last time I looked, I was not required to sign an exclusivity agreement for Andrew to not post somewhere else.

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 14:38 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I totally agree with TTM. It would be childish and mean for Andrew to deleat questions just because his site isn't the only one that gets asked.

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 15:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

It was actually because there are some questions which are posted on other sites, that do turn out to be hoaxes.

One I saw on here before it got deleted was also mentioned on someone else's site too, and outed as a hoax!

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 15:34 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

OK, well that is a different situation. Hoaxes should be deleted if the mods are relatively sure that it is a hoax. I know that some of those have been found here and deleted. Those types of questions should be deleted, but it is very difficult to prove that it is a hoax. I have absolutely no desire to do something like this, but I would bet that I could write a fake question just to string the aunts along and waste their time. Anyone could do that and it is not obvious unless the person writing the question is just way ridiculous in their story. I don't know why people have a desire to do something like that, but I'm sure it happens. Perhaps it is their way of getting attention. Any question on this board could be a hoax and we would never know it.

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 18:52 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I have actually noticed that you have posted under a couple quesions that you suspected it was a hoax. If you have seen evidence of that on other sites, than that's fine. But you should be careful. If you're wrong, then the OP will get offended.

Moderators are given a warning if a certain IP address or screen name has a history of submitting rejected questions. If you think that something is a hoax simply because you find it ouuragious, then you must open your mind before posting a suspicion.

And if you suspect, it's best to PM one of the mods iinstead of posting on that thread. That way, no one gets offended.

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 20:3 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

And a lot of the resident fakers don't post under a profile, so it cannot be deleated.

Several have been deleated and they vicous combacks over and over again.

There's a lot going on on this site and it's difficult to catch every fake question that comes around.

Posted on 11 September 2009 @ 20:4 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140607400004228!