New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084395 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Romance > See a dr or wait for a raise?

Go to latest mesage in thread

See a dr or wait for a raise?

dtrevino, posted over a year ago

I'm having trouble making a decision. I am up for a raise in a month and a half. However, my hands have been swelling and bruised for many months. I do computer work & I think I may have carpal tunnel. I have been putting off going to the dr for awhile but the pain is getting almost unbearable. So last month I scheduled an appointment with a neurologist which you have to schedule a month in advance. The appointment is on the 28th this month. The review for a raise is on the 16th next month which is when I get 10 more days of vacation. The pay increase would not be revealed to me until the last day of may. I don't want going to the dr to jeapordize losing a significant pay increase for a small one after working so hard and putting it off this long for that reason. Should I wait till the beginning of next month & reschedule the appointment for June 1st?

Posted on 19 April 2008 @ 8:8 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Tisha-1Tisha-1, posted over a year ago

Sounds like you have a workers compensation claim if the carpal tunnel is diagnosed and is a result of your work. Your employer should have an HR person who you can see to discuss this.

Posted on 19 April 2008 @ 16:50 (London time) - permalink

dtrevino, posted over a year ago

people in the past after being diagnosed have been asked by hr to sign a waiver for workmans comp. So should I get diagnosed asap and consider quitting? I think I'll take my vacation and get my surgery done 1st while I still have insurance.

Posted on 20 April 2008 @ 6:24 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125044200001867!