New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > My Thanks To Women (Our Partners)

Go to latest mesage in thread

My Thanks To Women (Our Partners)

, posted over a year ago

I had a whim last night in entering an entry at my site to thank all women who put up with our crap. It's not long, and not too short, and I say it not just for myself to my partner(s), but also on behalf of the guys and possibly the girls that feel the same way as I do, and just didn't have the words to say them.

So without further ado (GO MAX GO!):

++

Women, without you, we will lose out on so much. We work hard for ourselves and our families. In all our varying degrees, we strive for different things - things that can harden us, and stress us out over time. Sometimes, this stress and the frustrations can turn us astray, and sometimes, we become bastards, players, and lone scouts like myself. I think without women, us men would have had a very difficult time getting through life. We wouldn’t know the softer side of things. We wouldn’t know that there was a possibility of comfort and emotional refuge with you. We wouldn’t have ever found and felt the great physical comfort and pleasure you give us.

Sometimes, we take you for granted. Sometimes, we don’t mean it. Sometimes you are the single-most important all-encompassing thing/person/object in our lives. Sometimes we don’t even recognize it, sadly.

You give us a place where we can put away our shields and store away our swords. You give us as place where we can sit down, relax, and hear you hum a tune. You give us the warmth when our hearts felt cold. You thawed out the anger and hatred we may have, as much as you can, even if your hands get frostbite.

I want to give you my all. I want my mind to open up, and my heart set free again. I want to show you my world, my perspectives, my views and opinions, but I also want to see your world, your perspectives, your views, and your opinions too. I don’t want sex to be just sex. I want my body to connect with yours, so you can feel what my mind desires for you, so you can look into my eyes, and realize that there is no other, and never will another take place.

There is no cage. There is no demand. There is no supression or control. You are who you are. You are free to do what you feel you want and need. I am merely your confidant. If you see me as your lover, then that is a reward that I might or might not deserve regardless. If you want to be exclusive to me and for me only, then that is a reward that I might or might not deserve regardless of what I may or may not have done for and with you. If you want to do things for and with me, then that is reward that I might or might not deserve regardless of how I may or may not have treated you.

All that I solely and really ask for is not your trust, nor your commitment, or your love, if ever. All I really and solely ask for, is that you tell me if ever you are dissatisfied and/or unhappy with you being with me. If you are really worth it, even if you don’t say it, I might have already changed it. Just try to see it, before you seal it. Sometimes, open communication doesn’t have to be verbal, but when it does, I want to listen, even if I am not listening.

We, as men, are a terrible species. We do not deserve forgiveness. We shouldn't even seek it. You have all the power. You are the only ones who can give us anything. Without you, there is no us. If you choose to take us back, give us hug, and proceed to say those three little words, STOP! Think it through. Men can be bastards, and bastards can turn women into bitches. Are we really worth your time and energy?

++

Posted on 11 October 2007 @ 1:38 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Such rawness,humility, sincerity is so moving to read. I welled up with tears at the frank beauty of this post.

Martini...we all have weaknesses and kudos to those who can openly admit their flaws and who still strive to do and give their all,their best.

You beautiful man.

*hugs*

Posted on 11 October 2007 @ 2:55 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Thank you, and I would like to believe that I could soften up, even when I could be harsh. [wink]

I see so many people here, in my personal life, through friends/family, through colleagues, through books and news, and just an observation of the world, and sometimes very suddenly at early mornings of the night, I can't help but feel that there is a voice with a lot of words with a huge desire to speak out, but no ears to listen and no heart for motivation.

It's just there are times that I know when people can feel like this, and it sucks that they can't say it, or they say it, but no one believes them, or bothers to listen.

Posted on 11 October 2007 @ 5:22 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

I think what makes it so beautiful and powerful is that you chose to admit to faults and weaknesses. Shouldered your part in any miscommunications, disagreements, arguing, dischord.

It something I find going back to re-read.

You beautiful boob! :P

Posted on 11 October 2007 @ 19:15 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

WOW!!!!!That brought tears to my eyes, Really so lovely Im completely lost for words..THANKYOU WITH MUCH LOVE AND THANKS MANDY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Posted on 28 March 2008 @ 10:0 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125043499996536!