New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Feeling Attracted to my friend's girl

Go to latest mesage in thread

Feeling Attracted to my friend's girl

Walker75Walker75, posted over a year ago

Hello there! Newbie here, Hope you can help me with this problem. So here’s thing

A friend from work met this beautiful woman at a party some months ago, they seemed to get along very well that day, you know, talking and dancing together (great dancer by the way) having some drinks and so on, so he asked for her number and she gave it to him, my friend called her some days later and both agreed to go on a date together. (I believe you know the drill). After their going out together, he will not stop talking about her, kept telling everybody at work how beautiful and great she was. Well, the first thing that draws your attention about her is that she’s not American but Latin American, Colombian actually. She moved to the States about 6 months ago due to her studies. Anyway, they’ve been going out together for a month and a half already, but only as friends, he hasn’t made any move yet, even though he claims he likes her a lot.

Over the past days, I realized that I’m beginning to feel attracted to her too, but who wouldn’t? I mean, 5’ 7”, beautiful brown skin, awesome body, long black hair, black eyes…stunning, if you’ve seen Colombian women, you will have to agree with me.

During this time, I have had the chance to talk to her, when going out with her friends and mine, and noticed that she really is all of the things my friend says she is… smart, sincere, and fun. That’s why the attraction. So far, I ‘m not a 100% sure about the way she feels about him, but I believe that she just sees him only as a friend, I could be wrong though. You never know when it comes to women, but what if I’m right? This would give me an opportunity, but I know inside that it wouldn’t be fair to do that to him besides, I know the guy for 3 years and he’s a really good person, I would hate to be in the awkward position of choosing between his friendship and her…. OK maybe I am overacting a little, there’s the chance the she might not want anything to do with me either, the thing is that I’ve never been in this kind of situation before, that’s why I don’t know how to deal with it.

That said, what do you think I should do? Talk to him about my feelings towards her or wait around and see how things unfold between the two of them, what if things don’t work out, should I start thinking about making a move only then?

Any advice.

Thanks

Posted on 14 September 2007 @ 21:49 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

nitetimerompnitetimeromp, posted over a year ago

Hello, first things first. Stop stressing. You seem to be getting worked up. Dont its not worth it. Second, you cant help who you fall in and out of love with. She sounds beautiful and im woman!

I would personally wait and see what developes between them both. If you say she doesnt seem to be into the relationship then maybe you're right. Take this time to suss the situation out yourself. Ask her some questions like 'hows it going between you two then?' or 'you both seem to be getting on?' You should be able to judge the situation pretty well with either one of these. If she just smiles and says nothing then its not going well. The only other option is that she will start talking and give you an insight to things. She may even turn to you to advice.

If your brave enough, compliment her on her smile or the fact she looks stunning. Im sure you wont find this bit hard.

Either way, there are 3 peoples feelings at stake here, but it is one of them things that cant be helped. As i said at the top, you cant help who you fall for. Be it their beauty, the way they make you laugh, or they make you feel good about being you. Its a risk but happiness is worth it.

if you need any more just drop me another line but i hope this helps a little.

ps can you help me out with mine? i could do with some help

Posted on 15 September 2007 @ 8:32 (London time) - permalink

JackAttack, posted over a year ago

Did she move to the States with her family?? You know, if things do end up working out between that friend of yours and her, you could be introduced to a hot cousin or a sister just as stunning as her. How about that?

Posted on 20 September 2007 @ 22:50 (London time) - permalink

MarkHix, posted over a year ago

My dad went to Colombia in November lst year and said he had a blast. He got divorced from mom about 3 years ago and had a hard time bouncing back from that tough time, in fact, we all did and ever since then, he wanted to meet a fine woman to spend some quality time and eventually start a new relationship, so he decided to take his chances and took a tour to Colombia. Did he find her?? That lucky old man, yeah he did. Awesome girl!

I know you’re probably very into this girl, but it seems to me that your friend is ahead of you, keep in mind that you can still play your cards and do something about it, but I don’t think you’d like to ruin the friendship with your friend because of her. Well the ball’s in your court.

If things turn out unfavorable for you, but you’re still interested in Colombian women, here’s the site from the agency my dad took the tour.

www.loveme.com

Posted on 27 September 2007 @ 22:49 (London time) - permalink

ConsciousmanConsciousman, posted over a year ago

Ok Walker let me get this straight, you said you know this guy for 3 years, if so, you may, at least, have a clue how he will react when being confronted, if you have the guts to do it of course. You also said you like this girl, but I have to ask… what is it that you really feel about her. Is it just infatuation? Or do you really like her? The same goes to your friend.

On the other hand, I can’t deny the fact that Colombian women are definitely hot. I went to Barranquilla about 2 years ago on a business trip, and I agree… they are very attractive. Unfortunately, I had neither the chance nor the time to meet women, as I would have liked to due to work.

Anyway, let us know how things end up with you and your friend

Posted on 2 October 2007 @ 16:16 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.265641599999071!