New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Current Book Fav

Go to latest mesage in thread

Current Book Fav

, posted over a year ago

I know I do this often. I quote and share my new found knowledge.

So the new book I decided to pick up and read is absolutely fabulous. It is first before The Emotionally Abusive Relationship by Beverly Engel.

The title of the new book is "Women Who Love Too Much" by Robin Norwood.

I can totally relate to it which is sad and also liberating in that I read it and go" Oh my heck...that's it, that's why I keep falling in love with toads instead of princes".

It has to do with my childhood and goes into depth about alcoholic parents, emotional incest, and shares stories of other women who love too much for approval and respect from those who just won't give it.

Anywho...

Get it and read it if you can.

Posted on 12 March 2007 @ 20:48 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

sexylinzsexylinz, posted over a year ago

oooh i've been umming n ahhing over this book for ages.

i love books like this. can never put em down.

its great to hear the stories of women who have been through so much yet come out the other side being the stronger person.

*rushes off to the shops*

Posted on 13 March 2007 @ 21:37 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

A really good book I recommend, is "Take Time for your Life' by Cheryl Richardson. It certainly helped me gain some balance and happiness in my life after a having tough go of it. Cheryl Richardson is amazing. a very wise woman.

Posted on 14 March 2007 @ 14:0 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Is it more like a find yourself, love yourself type of book and not feel guilty?

I'll have to take a looksie at it Irish...thanks.

Congrats yet again. :D

Posted on 14 March 2007 @ 18:5 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hi Malyce,

It's a great book about priorizing oneself. Being a Mother/Father is a joy, it has it's great moments but it can be physically and mentally draining and it's darn hard work. I know as a Mom, myself and having raised and nutured kids/family for the past 30 years or so, I really, totally forget to priorize myself. And we all know when Mom looks after herself and is happy, the whole family benefits. This is what this books tells women and men--it encourages extreme self-care. So yes, you are so right..to self-care without an ounce of guilt! I love that concept! lol

Posted on 14 March 2007 @ 19:6 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

Hey...I like that concept as well. *grins*

Posted on 14 March 2007 @ 21:43 (London time) - permalink

, posted over a year ago

My current book fav is titled, "The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child" by Marti Olsen Laney.

It explains the different thought processes of an introvert and extravert. It explains that 1 out of 3 people in society are introverted and that is why most introverts feel like something is wrong with them when there isn't anything wrong; it's just the pressure to be extraverted.

Most introverts can understand extraverts but most extraverts don't get introverts.

Introverts have a higher tendancy to be compassionate and retroflective.

I totally recommend it.

Posted on 14 September 2007 @ 16:19 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.156254400000762!