New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > 15 year old Don Juan...Not Quite ;-)

Go to latest mesage in thread

15 year old Don Juan...Not Quite ;-)

karen_a_martin, posted over a year ago

My 15 year old son is girl crazy, but is just beginning to learn the steps involved in dating a young woman, and is understandly quite awkward at this stage. He went to a dance a few nights ago, and apparently was able to establish a nice rapport with one of the girls there. She also happens to be a girl he's very interested in. Well, I guess he mistook her frendliness for romantic interest, and decided to plant a kiss on her. She was taken aback and became quite upset. She exclaimed, "Michael, I thought you were my friend!", and then she gave him a crisp slap on his cheek.

He feels really bad for a whole slew of reasons. He feels ashamed that he got his face slapped by a girl, and now lacks confidence about his touch with the ladies. He feels even worse that he made her so upset. He's also disappointed that she didn't see him as more than a friend, but would hate to lose her as a friend.

I gave him some consolation and support, but would like to hear what advice you would offer him as well. I was also joking with him that he shouldn't feel too bad...he achieved two rites of passage into manhood, in quick succession - his first kiss and his first slap ;-)

Posted on 3 March 2007 @ 4:0 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

antie kantie k, posted over a year ago

Most teen boys at that age are girl crazy fella's were all over me it's just normal the adivce i would give to your son is don't rush it the right girl will come along faster then you think take your time talk to your mum/dad they could really help

Posted on 4 March 2007 @ 9:57 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.140605900000082!