New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Married And Cheating

Go to latest mesage in thread

Married And Cheating

, posted over a year ago

Another rant from yours truly. Since it's better to NOT start arguments on the main site and leave the advice giving to those with a softer heart or to those who have a rock solid stance, I'll just vent a bit here. [ahem]

I was just thinking and after reading a new post by someone on the main site about being married and neglected by the hubby, then going out and sleep with some other married guy and then in the end having a difficult time in choosing who to go with. [sarcastic expression of bewilderment]

Things are only complicated if you make them complicated. Say you have children, and you go and cheat, and then you go somewhere and ask a question whether you should do this or that, and your excuse to not simply divorce is BECAUSE of the children, well then obviously that mess was created BY you in the first place right?

There is NEVER anything complicated about marriage, especially when you're in an unhappy marriage. If you're unhappy, talk about it with your hubby or with your wife. If talking is no go, like Malyce would say - go to a therapist or counsellor. If that's not working, then think - what the hell is love? Well, to me love is a selfish matter, no matter HOW generous you are, but I'll leave that 'debate' to some other time.

Ultimately, you do for what you desire. Your kids are super important, I'm sure, but if you're going to f**k around with some other guy or girl when you're married, you should do it when you're divorced cuz you know why? You're leading a very bad example for your kids. Honestly, even if you keep it hidden from them, ultimately, you are committing an emotional 'crime' - not only by cheating on your partner, but also by not being sincere and genuine to your children, AND to the idea and status of marriage as a whole.

SERIOUSLY! It's so disgusting going through hundreds upon hundreds upon thousands and thousands and millions of threads throughout the next with THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Now you could say that I don't have to be here, but I'm here and that's that.

What I am saying is that if you're married, don't cheat. If you're going to have cybersex with some dude over the net, I can almost forgive you for a few times, but if there is obviously marital problems in your relationship, your first PRIORITY IS to communicate and/or go through counselling and/or active amends between the both of you. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, then the next MOST PRUDENT thing to do IS DIVORCE.

YOU ONLY MAKE THING COMPLICATED when you don't need to. Yes, there is emotional obligation, duties for the family, etc, etc, etc, but hell, you're not being very sincere and genuine to the family in the second place anyway. Now are you?

Posted on 21 January 2007 @ 2:39 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

The "next" in "millions of threads throughout the next with THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM" should be "net". 8/

Posted on 21 January 2007 @ 2:41 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.124935600000754!