New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Racism

Go to latest mesage in thread

Racism

eddieeddie, posted over a year ago

I saw a couple posts yesterday and some comments concerning racism. I do believe some folks are misinformed. When someone doesn't like the thought of an individual because of skin colour, that is racism! You either consider people to be equal or not. If you feel they are not worthy because of skin colour, your racist.

The anon post about black men being well endowed, who really knows. For the most part, I assume, that is really unknown. I'd like to ask the woman who posted that message how she gathered her research.

Racism comes in very many degrees. Some are very subtle, others are blatant....I don't want people of colour in this neighbourhood....well Ok, they can live here but not next o me....Ok, they can live nextdoor but my kids can't play with them....Ok, my kids can play with them but no boyfriend girlfriend stuff....

It's all based on crap. There are some jokes, comedians etc that can make light of our differences. Many of the jokes are funny. And, yes, there is some truth to the humour. Certain nationalities, not races, do things certain ways. This usually has some historical reason that was well justified. When you lump us all in the same livingf space, the differences become apparent. This should be celebrated, not looked down upon. We have a cultural festival in my sity every year. It's a great experience. Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world. I love it.

The neighbours I have, starting right nextdoor, are from Laos, followed by, Italy, Poland, Philippines, Brazil and so on. We all get along just fine. One of the things I like about the younger generation is that they don't seem to notice these differences so much. For instance, we have a sixable muslim population close by. The girls where different degrees of head coverings. My kids don't even notice. In my day we might have. The world is becoming smaller..

Posted on 4 January 2007 @ 13:35 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.14060900000004!