New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > USA Pacific ocean states 1million without power

Go to latest mesage in thread

USA Pacific ocean states 1million without power

Jadzia1127Jadzia1127, posted over a year ago

Last thursday a windstorm occured that took out power, toppled trees, ruined property, and killed people.

I watched huge trees fall shearing off sections of homes with the family still inside, poles snapped sending down eletrical wires dancing with venom, and all communication stop. The death count still slowly climbs as more homes are being unearthed. Accidental deaths directly from the storm happened and now they are finding whole families that have died from carbonoxide poisoning trying to keep themselves warm, using small generators or camp stoves.

We live out, away from the city. Our neighborhood was completely cut off from the world with downed power lines and huge trees blocking every exit. Everyone who could, shared with those less fortunate. The guys with gas powered chainsaws went after the huge trees blocking our back way out. The only convience store within walking distance opened their doors with lit candles and a tiny generator for cold items to help those not prepared for an emergency.

The first reports aired on the news were too optimistic on speculated damage. Many families are still looking at a very cold, dark christmas. Most look on our simple needs such as electricty, heat, and water with a new found thankfulness. Many tell of miracles that happened that saved them or a loved ones life.

We finally got power this week while some of our neighbors still don't have theirs. There are extension cords running from homes with power to homes without.

I am just a small voice on this site but I wanted to let anyone who cared to let them know my family and I are OK.

Posted on 21 December 2006 @ 19:59 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

Yeah it has been pretty windy over here too for the last week. Trees were blown over around Stanley Park which is an uncanny thing to see, even in the heaviest weather.

So anyway, that's good that you and your family is good. 8]

Posted on 21 December 2006 @ 23:47 (London time) - permalink

Jadzia1127Jadzia1127, posted over a year ago

I was wondering how Vancouver B.C made it through.

I am glad you're Ok also.

Posted on 22 December 2006 @ 7:42 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124981100001605!