New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Cupid's Lounge > Small Problem, although big.

Go to latest mesage in thread

Small Problem, although big.

Reign, posted over a year ago

So the past few days I have become REALLY deep in love with a female friend, my problems probably occure a lot during a young males life.

I have recently asked her 'out', and she obviously does not feel the same way I feel for her... I feel I am losing her friendship, and I really do not want that to happen.

I have no idea what to do.

Can someone please give me some advice?

Posted on 30 May 2006 @ 9:33 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

First of all, you should post this on the main site (deja vu). Second, to answer your question, I believe you should give her some room. This may not work for everyone of course, but I would write her a small light hearted letter, explain the results of her rejection towards me, and tell her that I would still like to stay as friends, but will give her some space to let whatever awkwardness she may have towards me to pass. Then leave it at that. I won't be sure when to get back to her, but I can wait years for friends if I have to - even decades. 8]

Posted on 30 May 2006 @ 20:27 (London time) - permalink

Reign, posted over a year ago

Thank you for your advice.

It is for appreciated that you took the time to help me.

Thanks again.

Posted on 31 May 2006 @ 9:9 (London time) - permalink

natalie1, posted over a year ago

I would tell her that you are sorry if you have made her feel uncomfortable in anyway. And that you respect and treasure her friendship to much to loose it. And if there is anything you can do to get you guys back on the same track. You would like it if she would be open and honest and tell what would make her feel better about your friendship again. She should be pretty understanding although awkward for awhile. Then just give her a bit of space.

Posted on 31 May 2006 @ 15:40 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124988499999745!