New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Engaged > She already has a ring...

Go to latest mesage in thread

She already has a ring...

toast, posted over a year ago

My girlfriend already has an engagement ring, a gift from her grandmother after her grandfather passed away. It is beautiful, we both love it, and she currently wears it on her right hand.

I'm at a loss of what to propose with. I don't want to get her a another diamond ring, as it would never replace her current one. A simple band would work, but then what happens at the actual wedding? I also feel like the gesture of investing in something major (which a band isn't) is pretty important. Neither of us is particularly big on "stuff" so it can't be just something for the sake of more stuff. I flirted with the idea of a trip, but that is so temporary and fleeting...

I'm at a loss here, help me out.

Posted on 22 January 2009 @ 21:26 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

WhoamI, posted over a year ago

I think it would be neat if you got on one knee and as you confess you love, remove the ring from her right hand and place it on her left hand as you ask her to marry you. After that, you could present her with some other piece of jewlry that she will always have to remember the moment. You would know better if she likes necklaces or bracelets. Personally, I would like a bracelet because it is easier to wear everyday with everything. I would suggest something with diamonds and a gold heart that has something very special engraved on it. ie.. a diamond tennis bracelet with one gold heart charm hanging from it that says, “From this moment on..........( this is where you put what you want)!”

Good Luck and Congratulations!

Posted on 23 January 2009 @ 3:28 (London time) - permalink

HoneypieHoneypie, posted over a year ago

You could if you felt that is what you want to do bu her an eternity band ( can choose her favorite gemstone or birthstone or the stone of the month you two met)

Like this one:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP02274&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+287466-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Her grandmothers ring is special and it's lovely that you both want to use it, but giving her a a ring from you as well is not going over board if you ask me. The one I have linked is very simple and can easily be used with most other rings, it comes in plenty of variation of the material and stones to match or enhance the inherited engagement ring.

If you do not want to go the ring "way" I think the moving of the ring from right to left is a beautiful idea as well.

Good luck.

Posted on 13 February 2009 @ 12:22 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125097600001027!