New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244996 questions, 1084468 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Couples > Husband won't make decision!

Go to latest mesage in thread

Husband won't make decision!

WandaHazel, posted over a year ago

My husband won't make a decision on our plans to adopt. He has backed out twice. When do I give up on him?

Some of his concerns are ligitimate some are crazy.He says he needs to make more money (true), I'm not healthy enough (crazy). I'm 36, he's 39 We have a 12 year old child. We've been married 4 years I can't have kids. He was a more or less a single father when I met him. His last wife went through what sounds like a extreme post-partum depression and he says that having to step in and do almost all of the child care and housework even though she didn't work this led to such resentment that it destroyed their marriage. She also gained abou a hundred pounds and I wonder what part that played. I've met the woman and I think she was crazy from the start. The problem is he's driving me and himself crazy now. I'm going nuts because I feel like he's comparing me to his ex. I've had a mild depression and I'm not the best house wife, but I'm the bread winner. He gets laid off three months of the year. I'm a good stepmom and I leave him a long leash . Sadly I've gained weight, almost 60 pounds, but so what! How do I get him to decide.

Posted on 11 August 2007 @ 15:0 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

gloriawk55gloriawk55, posted over a year ago

Simple. Tell him, that you are perfectly healthy enough. If you can deal with a twelve year old, you can deal with another kid. If he needs more money, tell him to promoted or get another job! There are plenty of kids that wouldn't mind a non-perfect helthy Mom, as long as they had a parent who loved and cared for them.

Posted on 12 August 2007 @ 18:31 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

1.00000759999966!