New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244996 questions, 1084468 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Couples > Jelousy

Go to latest mesage in thread

Jelousy

Sarah bradford, posted over a year ago

Hi,

I have been with my bf now for 7 years and my jelousy and controlling is driving him away:(

I feel like i need attention from him 24/7 and that he shouldnt be having fun unless its with me (sad i know):(

Please help me before its too late - i cant help myself and i feel so depressed about it.

Thankxxxx

Posted on 11 December 2006 @ 15:59 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

You should post on the main site, but to answer to your issue, you have to step back and look at yourself from far away - look at your past, how your grew up, who were your friends, who are your parents, what type of environment you grew up in, etc, etc. Then draw from those experiences, on how you became what you are today.

Now, you can't change the past of course, but to change your now, you have to seek out the things in your past that still haunts you to this day - even subtle things, or things at the back of your mind.

No one can absolutely help you, even with advice, because ultimately, you being needy and controlling is a part of your personality traits. To change or improve your traits, not only do you find the sources of your issues, but you also have to be more willing to do the things that your emotions don't want you to do.

Eg: my gf's friends invited her to go to Mexico with them. I'm jealous because I can't go and have fun with her. However, as much as my heart do not want to let her go, I will let her go. So I stay at home jealous, but I control my jealousy with my will power. In turn, she calls me every night and tell my stories for an hour or two, then say good night, and the next day comes and goes.

Eventually, trust builds, and things go as smoothly as they can be over time, and so on and so forth. That's just how it is. It takes time and effort. Trust isn't automatic. Nor is change automatic.

On another note, you should also reorganize your own life. It's one thing to share the rest of your life with someone you love and adore, but it's also another thing to have a fulfilling lifestyle. A part of that fulfilling lifestyle means you have your own set of interests that you do either by yourself, with your friends, or at some club or school. It doesn't involve your bf/hubby - not directly anyway, but they are things you do for yourself momentarily.

Posted on 11 December 2006 @ 22:47 (London time) - permalink

Sarah bradford, posted over a year ago

Thanks for the advice - nice to know they are so many other ppl out there going throught the same thing i am:( My aim is to give in to the jelousy and get my relationship back on track. I know its not going to happen ova night and that it will need work but i am willing to give it a go and not give in the the eveil jelousy.

Thanks

xx

Posted on 12 December 2006 @ 18:51 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125034900003811!