New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244996 questions, 1084468 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Couples > Should I Be Worried About This Text Message?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Should I Be Worried About This Text Message?

clarysage, posted over a year ago

Where to start?! Ok. Relationship of just under a year with man I love very much and live with. Have had a lot of problems and upheaval in the last six months including moving in together, both changing jobs, problems with his children and more.

Anyway. I've read the text messages on his phone. I know, I know, I shouldn't do it. Haven't done this since just after we met but have been feeling really insecure recently as he's been in contact with his ex a lot. I'm sure they are only friends and she's not really the issue. At the weekend I got a bit (very) drunk and read his sent messages and the last one said "Hi ya sexy. Got any credit yet?" and was sent to a girl that I've never heard him mention. I confronted him and he just went mad because I'd read his phone. He's not mentioned it since and neither have I.

Is is just me or is it unfair to send messages like this to other women when you're in a relationship? I think so. Ok, I wasn't ever supposed to see the text but I have. I'm now making myself sick with worry that every time he works late he's not really working. Any thoughts?

Posted on 6 July 2006 @ 17:37 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

, posted over a year ago

To be honest, I would be. Not particularly the text message itself, but his reaction.

I know a few girls well enough to text them saying "Hi ya sexy" I do this because we both know we're just friends and it's always good when someone says something flattering, it makes them feel sexy.

But, if this was the case with your boyfriend, he would just tell you who it was and why he said it.

I think maybe it is a good thing you didn't trust him enough to leave his phone alone. Often, we become insecure for a reason, and as this situation seems to show, your feelings have been validated.

You need to get to the bottom of this and get a satisfactory answer from him so that it can put your mind to rest.

I hope it turns out to be nothing, good luck.

Posted on 8 July 2006 @ 21:59 (London time) - permalink

leesweetheartleesweetheart, posted over a year ago

I've read my bf's phone several times and each time i find very unsettling texts. last yr he txt a girl who lives in devon (a friend of a friend) bout meetin up in a hotel and gettin to kno eachother better. he even met up with her where he lives and lied to me bout it yet the friend told me it had happened. i confronted him and he deleted the messages then gave me his phone n sed nothin was on there big argument no decent ansa. then earlier this yr i went thru his phone agen n agen he was txtin another girl but they were proper dirty sex talk texts. each time i've confronted him he says its a joke yet he never puts anything like...lol, lmao, jkin, wink wink nudge nudge etc, like he never told either of them he has a gf. i don't feel i can trust him anymore especially seeing as i called the last girl to tell her to leave us alone and found out she didn't no bout me even tho he said she did. i love him so much but am i kiddin myself he will change?

Posted on 12 March 2007 @ 0:5 (London time) - permalink

lumpy, posted over a year ago

well im sorry to say but he seems like he likes his women abit to much,sorry to be so harsh sugar. You need to warn him if you find anymore texts that are like the one you found your finished.

Posted on 24 May 2007 @ 22:21 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.14055389999703!