New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244990 questions, 1084417 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Couples > Wondering if anyone could help?

Go to latest mesage in thread

Wondering if anyone could help?

Lzavmon03Lzavmon03, posted over a year ago

Hi there, I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this, and I didn't wnat to change the topic of the other person's question here, but I was hoping to find some advice for my problem...I was engaged before with this Muslim Egyptian guy , but he turned out to be controlling, possessive and emotionally abusive and I broke up with him. He now wants the engagment ring he gave me back, but when we broke up my mom took the ring back and took the money and put it into bonds...(I was 19 when all of this happened, and now I'm 21) so my dad really wants to give him the money back, but my mom said the ring was a gift and we should keep it, and I am just dealing with the hurt and devastation I endured while being in a relationship with him. Personally, I think he's a jackass for asking for it back considering what he put me through while we were together (putting me down, trying to make me convert to Islam, questioning my religion and the kind of person I was, slowly chipping away at my self esteem) yet I don't want to keep anything that was his, and I don't want him to keep coming back into my life to ask for it back or resort to violent measures to get his "refund". We've just decided to give it back, but we all are going to visit him to give it back to him--I am definetly going to be there because I am going to give him a piece of my mind before I give him anything back. I just don't know what to say or where to start so I can feel happy and satisfied I told him everything I ever wanted to tell him before I can finally feel closure and banish him from my life forever...I just was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestionson what or how I should say things so he can get the picture that I never want to see him again and he preyed on me when I was a young girl who never had a boyfriend before (at 19) and who I even gave my virginity to and who I lost my job over because I was seeing him...he pushed me to get engaged and pushed me to try to marry him...he doesn't even have a greencard...which was why he probably wnated to amrry me--the only reason--I could report him to the police, which I haven't even thought about doing until now because I am so angry with everything he has done to me...but I don't want this anger to consume me..I just want closure so I never have to wish I could ahve told him this and that when I had the opportunity--I'm sorry for being so intense about it, but I just wnat to amke sure I cover all the bases when I talk to him and do it in a smart way. Thank you

Posted on 23 April 2006 @ 21:30 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.140608400000929!