New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244991 questions, 1084423 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Breakups > cant get over him

Go to latest mesage in thread

cant get over him

sandy09, posted over a year ago

I found out my partner had cheated on me just before xmas and we have been seperated since.we'd been together 7 years and have 2 children together and i was absolutely distraught when i found out. its now nearly 4 months and i still cant seem to get over it.

i make arguments out of the stupidest things cos im still hurt and want him to be hurt to, but its like he's moved on already.he still sees the children and has basically done everything right since,like letting me stay in the house,giving me money etc.. but i just cant seem to let it go and its making me so unhappy

Posted on 6 April 2009 @ 20:18 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

love_and_other catastrophes, posted over a year ago

You kinda need to get over it. easier said than done i know...but i've been on the other end (not saying its right and our circumstances are most likely different)..but in my case i know what i did was wrong and unacceptable, and i havent done it ever again and i've also refused to touch alcohol for like..the rest of my life.

But if he's learned what he did was wrong and doesnt do it again, then i think you should move on. using it as a weapon and getting angry at him for it 4 months down the track is only making you both upset. my bf uses old stuff against me sometimes when we get into an arguement and it really gets upsetting, you cant change whats happened so no point in making each other feel like crap about it.

As a rule i never bring up old stuff nor do i over react, i try to look at what the problem is exactly and i try not to blow it out of proportion. It was probably hard for him to deal with as well. Like i said, easier said than done but it's not worth letting yourself get upset over, if he does it continuously then yeah good reason to keep being mad. but if its just once..try to let it go.

Posted on 28 April 2009 @ 10:34 (London time) - permalink

carlye, posted over a year ago

if you love your husband and kids, pls move on and forget what happened in the past. talk to your husband and start a new life again.

Posted on 1 May 2009 @ 18:58 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.125003000001016!