New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244985 questions, 1084399 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Engaged > Fiance left me and need advice

Go to latest mesage in thread

Fiance left me and need advice

RonRon, posted over a year ago

We have been together for 2 1/2 years. We have been engaged for 8 months. Recently she started her MBA in Switzerland & I am in California. We have kept very close contact for the last 3months thru IM and phone... & I really do support her in her goals. But last week when she flew home to see me, she said she has an interest in someone else. She asked for time to explore her feelings with him. I said I could give her the time. But here's my question for my sanity check....One how long should I wait to hear from her to give me her answer, be with me or someone else? & Am I being to optimistic thinking she will come back? Thanks for your time.

Posted on 12 October 2006 @ 3:36 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

brokenheartGT, posted over a year ago

Hi. I was in an international relationship as well. I moved back to my home country for family issues. My BF recently (2 weeks before I visit come him) started acting strange and said that he didn't know about my coming up anymore.

As a woman, in another country, getting to know new people and having new experiences, I don't think there is a reason for anyone to "want time to explore feelings". If you guys were together for that long and are engaged, there is no reason why she should be thinking about anyone else but you.

Ever since I left, there is not a day that has gone by that I haven't thought of him or wished he was here. It's been 6 months, and appearently he's moving on.

I believe if you truely love someone, distance shouldn't change that. Even now that he has "broken up" with me, I still think about him every minute of everyday, and have no interest in dating anyone else. It's hard to say this, as I'm sure it's hard for you to hear, but she has probably ofund someone else and because of the time that you guys have been together, she doesn't want to hurt you. But if she's started to have feelings for someone other than you, then maybe that means you guys aren't ready for marriage.

Posted on 14 October 2006 @ 21:48 (London time) - permalink

RonRon, posted over a year ago

I want to thank you for responding. I also am sorry for your pain and loss. As I am now where you were. Yes I am still going through all those thoughts too. I agree that love should be strong enough to make it ....if the love was real, that is. I am questioning why I believed it was when it wasn't.

I also wanted to say that because of the situation I would like to chat / email with you. Maybe it will help both of us. Although I don’t just want to talk about the others. I would like to talk about you & I....no not together....LOL but how we are doing personally. My personal email is rebens@excite.com. I am just being friendly and would like to here your story.

Ciao

Posted on 25 October 2006 @ 1:2 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.140685600000324!