New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244961 questions, 1084297 answers  

DearCupid.ORG relationship advice
  Got a relationship, dating, love or sex question? Ask for help!Search
 New Questions Answers . Most Discussed Viewed . Unanswered . Followups . Forums . Top agony aunts . About Us .  Articles  . Sitemap

Should I listen to what he has to say after he has cheated on me?

Tagged as: Cheating, Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (30 April 2010) 8 Answers - (Newest, 30 April 2010)
A female South Africa age 36-40, *andie writes:

Hi uncles and aunts! Wel, i'm just gona get on it. Yesterday my bf confessed to have been cheating on me... I'm so confused, angry and sad, i feel betrayed and lied to.. I don't knw what to do, i thought i needed to speak to someone.

He confessed after telling me several times that he loves me and i think by that time he realised i wasn't willing to take him back anymore, and even if i did, our relationship would not be the same anymore.

I feared misleading him and staying in a relationship where i knew we would go our separate ways one day. I feared for my future with someone i believe would no longer make me happy.. I told him these things and went on to tell me just how much he needs me, how he's always loved and wanted to spend his lifetime with me.

I don't knw why he did this to me, i never thought i'd wake up to this one day.. I trusted him, i believed in him.. This is the first time that i experience a relationship going this bad.. And to think i never even thought of cheating on him- NOT EVEN A SINGLE DAY DID I IMAGINE MYSELF IN SOMEONE ELSE'S ARMS OTHER THAN HIS!! I'm so confused right now.. Should i go on to speak to him, just to listen to what he wants to say because i refused listening to him last night! Right now i hate him like i used to love him!

View related questions: cheated on me

<-- Rate this Question

Reply to this Question

Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A female reader, Candie South Africa +, writes (30 April 2010):

Candie is verified as being by the original poster of the question

Thanks a lot guys for your responses.. I think my mind is now made up. Sure i don't need to deal with such. Thanks again for listening!

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, goowes United States +, writes (30 April 2010):

goowes agony auntThis has happened to many people before you, go read about it why what when where etc. this is your time to learn how you deal with it for future and now.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, cnith United States +, writes (30 April 2010):

cnith agony auntIn my book, cheating is a deal breaker. I'd leave him.

So many men out there who aren't cheaters wish for gf's and you want to waste more time with this guy? Why? Makes no sense...

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, Candie South Africa +, writes (30 April 2010):

Candie is verified as being by the original poster of the question

No Si Si, he just confessed. I think he realised by then that there's a chance we'd never last a lifetime together (i decided to admit that to him because i didn't want to lead him on knowing our relationship was already heading for a crash). He then confessed and apologised about it. But then i seriously don't think i'll ever be happy with him and that i'd even trust him again. I may speak to him.. But i'm so torn right now, i dnt know what to do.. I don't even remember myself being any productive today.. I don't know how i will face him. This kind of stirs terror in my heart.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, anonymous, writes (30 April 2010):

you should leave him and move on with your life, you will find better men. a man once cheated can never be trusted again.. cheating is not a mistake that can be forgiven.. talk to him for the last time and listen to what he has to say this might make you feel better but dont let him come back to you and hurt you again..

<-- Rate this answer

A male reader, CaringGuy United Kingdom +, writes (30 April 2010):

I think before you speak to him, you need time to think about what you want and whether you even want to speak to him again. You need to sit down and work your way through what you're feeling before you make a final decision. You now know that he has cheated and that he may not be the best bet as a man, so maybe you would be better moving on rather than considering anything. But just for now, think about yourself and what you want to do. There's no rush, so do as you want to.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, Si Si Australia +, writes (30 April 2010):

Si Si agony aunt Dear girl...Firstly, was he found out in his cheating? or did he just "confess"? If it was because you found him out that makes it worse.If he just "confessed" then at least he had some guilt feelings.

At any rate, you now know you are with a man that is capable of cheating on you. He has already done it once{that you know of} and since past behaviour is a good prediction of future behaviour, you know what to expect..From now on, if you keep him in your life you will always be wondering. is that what you want?

Of course he will profess his love at this point, he has done the deed,and wishes to return to the sanctuary.

If you take him back,will you have the same respect and trust? Two things that are vital in relationship.

The important thing to think about is if he is making you happy...Otherwise why bother?

I wish you happiness

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, loops United Kingdom +, writes (30 April 2010):

I would give yourself some time to make up your mind on a clear head. At the moment your going through a whole host of emotions, in a few weeks, or a few months you will have a clearer picture. I don't think however if you already feel like your relationship will not be the same, that this is salvagable, but regardless you need to take some time before making any decisions about your future. think about yourself right now, you have been hurt, you need looking after :)

<-- Rate this answer

Add your answer to the question "Should I listen to what he has to say after he has cheated on me?"

Already have an account? Login first
Don't have an account? Register in under one minute and get your own agony aunt column - recommended!

All Content Copyright (C) DearCupid.ORG 2004-2008 - we actively monitor for copyright theft

0.609387900000002!