New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login239815 questions, 1060573 answers  

  DearCupid.ORG relationship advice
  Got a relationship, dating, love or sex question? Ask for help!Search
 New Questions Answers . Most Discussed Viewed . Unanswered . Followups . Forums . Top agony aunts . About Us .  Articles  . Sitemap

Should I be tested for STIs?

Tagged as: Cheating, Health<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (16 February 2012) 4 Answers - (Newest, 17 February 2012)
A female United Kingdom age 22-25, anonymous writes:

ive just found out that my boyfriend has slept with 3 women behind my back, and now im worried that i could have an STI. what should i do? if i go to the doctor, what will he do?

<-- Rate this Question

Reply to this Question


Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A female reader, tennisstar88 United States +, writes (17 February 2012):

tennisstar88 agony aunt1. Dump your boyfriend. He cheated with not 1 but 3 women. Also he's putting your health at risk.

2. Tell your GP you need to be submitted to STI-STD testing. The testing varies anywhere from urine tests, swabbing of the cervix, to blood being withdrawn. Basically, the GP will be examining your lady parts.

3. Always make sure your sexual partner has been tested for STI-STDS and even ask to see the results (guys lie). When in doubt, protect yourself with a condom.

<-- Rate this answer

A female reader, Honeypie United States + , writes (16 February 2012):

Honeypie agony auntYes, go get tested and stop having unprotected (without a condom) sex with your BF. Even condoms can't prevent all STI's.

Are you still with this guy? If so why are you putting yourself a risk?

<-- Rate this answer


A male reader, Mark_25_ United Kingdom +, writes (16 February 2012):

Mark_25_ agony auntYour health comes first, go to the doctors to get yourself checked! What will he do?? Hopefully feel humiliated and embarrassed about what he's done! Please don't say that you're still with him?

<-- Rate this answer


A female reader, Tisha-1 United States + , writes (16 February 2012):

Tisha-1 agony auntJust go to the doctor and they'll be able to sort this out. If you were exposed to something, it's better to find out now and have it treated!

Who cares what he will do, you aren't still with a guy who cheated on you not once, not twice, but three times, are you?

Pop around to the gynecologist and set your mind at ease. They can counsel you as to how to notify him of any STIs.

I found a couple of links that may help you:

There's some good information in there for you which may help you navigate the next steps you need to take.

Good luck, be brave, you'll be fine!

<-- Rate this answer


Add your answer to the question "Should I be tested for STIs?"

Already have an account? Login first
Don't have an account? Register in under one minute and get your own agony aunt column - recommended!

All Content Copyright (C) DearCupid.ORG 2004-2008 - we actively monitor for copyright theft