I seem to get looked over for the more "shiny" people

Tagged as: Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (9 October 2018) 2 Answers - (Newest, 14 October 2018)
A male South Africa age 26-29, *is_2017 writes:

Options. Everyone has options and like marketing the ones that are the shiniest are the ones that actually make it through. I've been meeting new people and just when I get close to them they start to be become distant and then you see them on social media happy with a shiny new person.

Its a trend that is too much a reality these days. It gets me sad at times but i guess that's life.

Ive accepted that the problem isn't me. I'm loyal, calm, respectful and loving. Do everything I can do for the other half. But here in SA if you drive an old car or don't dress expensively then you are just a nice person and the shiny ones get right bearing in mind a large percentage of them are living off mom and dad's money.

Oh well that's me in a nutshell friends been a bit down about this lately but it's the circle of life. 29 closer to 30 and still single.

View related questions: money

A female reader, anonymous, writes (14 October 2018):

Yes this is a huge issue in today's society . As a woman I can only relate from a female perspective but I suspect it affects all people in different ways . It seems men want only the shiniest of women , the ones who glitter like the media and porn images they fill their heads with day after day . Eternally young and flawless . Many many feel this on a huge scale so yoh are not alone.

Take solice in knowing you are not alone and others out their are thinking the same way and know that 'all that glitters is not gold ' . Continue to be proud of the qualities you have and know that ultimately you don't want one of the many people blinded by today's superficiality . Your lack of glitter as you call it is the best screening process ever for wonderful people to enter your life

A female reader, NORA B Ireland + , writes (14 October 2018):

Life as we know it has changed so much not alone in the past 20 years..but in the past 10 years.In life now.its all about .IMAGE...the type of car you drive.the brand of handbag your wear...and it goes on and on.Each person trying to have the most expensive items...and if you think of it its quiet boring...because it goes on endless.I understand and take your point and know where you are coming from.But be happy knowing yourself to be loyal,loving calm and respectful....there are many of those people.....who do not know themselves out there trying to fill the gap by buying expensive items to feel good.To be honest i do not think that there is any woman who does not feel being 29 and turning 30 years old..it does not make any difference if you are single or married we women think the same on that level.But remember each day is a gift of life..enjoy it.Like marketing...maybe you will be in THE RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME and meet that special man for you.Kind regards NORA B.

...............................   

Add your answer to the question "I seem to get looked over for the more "shiny" people"

Because you are not logged in yet, your answer will be posted anonymously.

To stop automated spammers using our form please write human in this box (create an account and this step is not needed):

- type "human" here

Please select your sex:  

0.0468751000007614!