Does my boyfriend still love his ex girlfriend?

Tagged as: The ex-factor, Troubled relationships<< Previous question   Next question >>
Question - (2 October 2018) 4 Answers - (Newest, 7 October 2018)
A female United States age 22-25, *abydoll264 writes:

My boyfriend of 6 months seems to want me to be threatened by his ex girlfriend. Why is he focused on her if he is with me? He also told me her name and I feel like when you talk about ex's your not supposed to tell a potential partner what their ex's name is? He also lies to me a lot and doesn't priortize me. Should I contact his ex girlfriend? He also talks trash about her to me and he says she is a slut and has sex for money. They have been broken up 2 years but I found out they saw each other in January of this year. (We got together in January but this must have been after he seen her) and she has moved back to town in May. He told me she didn't live here but I guess thats another lie and seems like he knew she was moving back. Why is he lying to me about his ex? Why is he even talking about her to me? Does he still love her? If he loves me why is he lying to me a lot and not priortizing me? Is his ex on his mind? He is 25 and I found out his ex is 22

View related questions: ex girlfriend, his ex, money

A female reader, anonymous, writes (7 October 2018):

Just dump him.

He seems like an asshole- any man who lies to you and talks smack about other woman behind back is not worth your time,

A female reader, anonymous, writes (4 October 2018):

Haven’t you written about this before? You received good advice prior, so I’ll just repeat it. He’s trying to stir the pot and told you up. Don’t let him, and pursue a mature man.

...............................   

A reader, anonymous, writes (2 October 2018):

It doesn't matter if he still loves her or not, you should dump him. He lies to you, talks about her all the time and bad mouths her. Also, do not contact her as there is no point in doing so. This guy is not worth your time or trouble. Just get rid of him and don't look back.

...............................   

A female reader, Honeypie United States + , writes (2 October 2018):

Honeypie agony auntWhy would you need to talk to his ex?

You are NOT dating his ex, you are dating him!

If he talks about her a lot (negative or otherwise) then he probably isn't OVER her, or over the break up. And that doesn't really leave him open to be committed to you fully.

I think you are assuming that he isn't PRIORITIZING you because his head is full of her. Where MAYBE the case is, that he isn't prioritizing you... because he isn't as invested in the relationship as YOU are.

This has nothing to do with HER. there is NO blaming HER for the relationship not being what you had hoped it would be.

IF you are NOT happy with him, if you feel you are not a priority to him, who lies about little things and he isn't over his ex... THEN why are you still with him? Don't you want more from a partner?

Also, side note... A guy who talks smack about an ex... is likely to talk smack about YOU later on too. Calling her a slut and a prostitute is NOT something that will endear ANY woman to him. Whether it's true or not.

And second side note... You might want to go get a STD panel done. And decide if he really Is the "right" guy for you or not. Then act accordingly.

...............................   

Add your answer to the question "Does my boyfriend still love his ex girlfriend?"

Because you are not logged in yet, your answer will be posted anonymously.

To stop automated spammers using our form please write human in this box (create an account and this step is not needed):

- type "human" here

Please select your sex:  

0.03125!