New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244961 questions, 1084294 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > My rating suddenly dropped what happened?

Go to latest mesage in thread

My rating suddenly dropped what happened?

Sam WilsonSam Wilson, posted over a year ago

So I've been in this site for about two years now. I don't answer every question on this site but only to questions I think I could help. But suddenly my rating dropped like .25 points after I refreshed the page. Am I doing anything wrong? This really makes me reconsider giving advice if people think my advice are terrible.

I know we don't do this for the rating, but ratings kinda tell you how good you're doing so I cant help be bothered by it.

Just want to here your opinion on the matter. I have no intention of leaving this site since it helped me with my love life a lot...maybe I just need to dial down on the answers.

Posted on 21 November 2017 @ 7:53 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

HoneypieHoneypie, posted over a year ago

Hey Sam!

Don't go by the ratings. In all honesty. Answer to the best of your experience and knowledge. People are not always going to like to hear the "truth" or how you see them, some come on DC to hear that what they are doing is the right thing even if it to others is not... Know what I mean?

People who rate you might also NOT be the person who asked the question, they just don't agree or whatnot. Which is why you shouldn't go by your rating.

I think that the advice a LOT of us give here on DC about crappy relationships is to end it, but if the poster wants some "magical fix" instead of ending it (though ending it might BE the smartest options) is not what they want to hear or are ready for - doesn't mean the advice is bad. It's just not what they were hoping for.

Think about it, if a friend asks you for advice and you give the best advice you can think of and they ignore it - does it mean you gave "bad" advice? OR that they were just venting? Or that they don't HAVE the guts to take the advice?

Trust that you give the BEST answers from YOUR perspective.

I think the fact that EVERYONE answering questions on DC have a personal perspective and experience is what in general helps people the most. Whether they LIKE what they hear or not.

I have found that skipping the ones (questions) I really don't feel I can contribute an answer to helps me focus on the ones I can. So BE picky. And disregard the "ratings". You are not a stock option. The quality of your answers doesn't depend on the ratings.

*hugs*

Posted on 15 December 2017 @ 11:27 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

Add a new message to this topic

0.156237800001691!