New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login244964 questions, 1084314 answers  

Dear Cupid > Forums > Site Feedback > How to get asked to be a volunteer

Go to latest mesage in thread

How to get asked to be a volunteer

aunt honestyaunt honesty, posted over a year ago

Hi, I remember once years ago getting a private message to ask if I wanted to Volunteer to help upload questions. I don't remember if I responded or not it was such a long time ago, but I wonder how would you go around asking do they need my help with the background stuff? I love this page, as anyone and everyone from all corners of the world can avail off free advice, and it is nice to know that we may help someone a little bit. Just wondering did anyone know how to go around it. Have a nice weekend :-)

Posted on 8 July 2016 @ 21:43 (London time) - permalink
(Log in to flag spam/offensive/junk messages to moderators)

REPLY TO MESSAGE or Start a new topic

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

Hi,

That is very generous of you to offer to give support to the site in that way.

The owner of the site invites persons, no one else but the site owner makes those choices, to offer an opportunity to volunteer and provide assistance in that way.

I guess if a person does not respond to the initial offer then the offer goes no where.

But as the owner of the site reads these pages then I would think that you offer will be noted.

Wishing you a great weekend too.

Regards

Abella

Posted on 9 July 2016 @ 6:18 (London time) - permalink

Caring Aunty ACaring Aunty A, posted over a year ago

I still have a yellow highlighted question on my page from 2013; asked by Andrew (aka Dear Cupid) to help out with the site…

I must admit I did apply to the initial offer with trepidation because I have such a lousy internet provider… My connection cuts out even as we speak… I didn’t want to appear unreliable of this important task. Since then I haven’t heard a word.

Nonetheless the volunteers of today and in the last 3+years since I’ve been here are doing great; leaving me to I fly in and out of Dear Cupid.

“Dear Cupid is truly an exceptional advice-giving website

Its Aunts and Uncles are caring and wise…”

My thanks and appreciation to all those who dedicate their time behind the scene, you are exceptional as is our Dear Cupid website.

Cheers – Caring Aunty A :)

Posted on 11 July 2016 @ 1:36 (London time) - permalink

AbellaAbella, posted over a year ago

Hi Caring Aunty A,

Gee the web cutting out must be really annoying when it happens.

A message from 2013 is such a long time ago that if it is still highlighted yellow? Am I reading that correctly?

Did you open the message?

Or is it still unopened?

If it is a message from DearCupid (who is Andrew) then perhaps read it again and post a reply message to Andrew?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But replies can take a while.

Whereas I believe that Andrew does read these pages, so you never know what catches his eye as far as Moderators and potential moderators offering to assist at this Great and exceptional advice-giving website.

The other really valuable way to assist is to write articles and to post replies to questions.

Regards

Abella

Posted on 11 July 2016 @ 4:54 (London time) - permalink

aunt honestyaunt honesty, posted over a year ago

Thanks for writing back. Hopefully some day I can do more to help, but for now I will just continue giving advice! :-)

Posted on 11 July 2016 @ 22:51 (London time) - permalink

Add a new message to this topic

0.124993800000084!